Building Maintenance & Construction
About Building Maintenance & Construction
The Building Maintenance & Construction Department is dedicated to providing a quality environment for teaching and research at Texas Tech University. We are responsible for the maintenance and repair of education and general buildings, as well as structural, mechanical, utility, and electrical infrastructure. We do provide service to non-education and general functions on a reimbursable basis. Our services are tailored to meet the changing needs of our students, faculty, and staff who occupy wide variety of facility types — ranging from administrative offices, classrooms, laboratories, hallways, and restrooms.
We take our jobs seriously and make every effort to provide the best services possible to meet the specific needs and requirements of our customers. Under our present approach to providing services, we are working hard to ensure full accountability for quality, cost-effectiveness and response to customers.
- Routine repairs and preventive maintenance
- Painting, carpentry, minor construction and renovation, roofing, machine/welding, signage, and masonry projects
- Key shop and locksmith services
- Operating and maintaining utility systems and infrastructure for campus
- Elevator maintenance
- Fire systems operations and inspections
- Project oversight