Water Policy & Economics
Water Conservation in the Texas High Plains. Charting the Course, Sponsored by River Systems Institute, Texas State University, San Marcos. November 16-17, 2006, Austin, TX. November 17, 2006.
Dr. David Doerfert
summarizes activities and progress of the Texas Alliance for Water Conservation progress at the Cotton Economics Research Institute symposium, April 5, 2006
Dr. Jeff Johnson
presents effects of Ogallala Aquifer policy alternatives at the Cotton Economics Research Institute symposium, April 5, 2006. This presentation was also given to the Board of Directors of the High Plains Water Conservation District (HPWD), and Texas Senator Kip Averitt, Chairman of the Senate Natural Resources Committee, on April 6, 2006 at the request of the HPWD.
Presentation on “Ogallala Aquifer: Sustainability Issue and Challenges” at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality 2007 Environmental Trade Fair and Conference session on Water Policy, May 1, 2007. Link to the attached PowerPoint presentation <link>
- “Failure to Plan or Planning Failure?” July 2007 <link>
- “Hazards of R&D and Adoption Delays from Water Policy Infrastructure”. July 2007 <link>
- “Testimony before the Texas Senate Interim Committee on Electric Utility Restructuring.” Regarding the study on the impacts of electric deregulation on irrigated agriculture in the Texas High Plains region, College Station, Texas, September 29, 1998.
- “Whiskey is for Drinking and Water is for Fighting.” Presentation to the Cooperative Managers Conference sponsored by the Texas Agricultural Cooperatives Council, Ruidoso, NM. Jul. 15, 2004.
Rejesus, R. M., M. Velandia, E. Segarra, and K. Bronson
“Economics of Management Zone Delineation in Cotton Precision Agriculture.” Cotton Economics Research institute Research Extension Symposium, Apr. 5, 2006.
- “Advanced Irrigation Technology Adoption: Impacts on Ground Water Depletion.” High Plains Ogallala Area Regional Management Plan Meeting, Plainview, Texas, December 11, 1997
- “Economic and Environmental Implications of Municipal Waste Water Re-Use in Agriculture.” Institute of Eco-Environmental Economics-College of Economics and Trade, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China, June 3, 1998.