Top 10 Reasons to Be a Graduate Fellow
1)Gain an appreciation for the interconnectedness of the STEM disciplines in research, especially mathematics and science or engineering.
2) Share your research knowledge with others, including K-12 teachers and high school students.
3) Learn more about the K-12 education process in Texas.
4) Work with high school students for 10 hours/ week.
5) Participate in a two-week summer institute.
6) Be paid a stipend of $30,000 per year, with tuition and fees paid.
7) Be part of a creative, interdisciplinary team involving fellow graduate students and K-12 high school teachers.
8) Develop novel integrated math-science or math-engineering curriculum modules for use in the K-12 environment, and actually teach using them.
9) See benefit to the K-12 students that you work with through the application of the new inquiry-based integrated curriculum modules.
10) Participate in national dissemination of your work through a capstone conference help develop a model that can be replicated across the nation.
Note: Fellows must be citizens, nationals or permanent residents of the United States.
Foreign students who hold student visas are not eligible.