Top 10 Reasons to Be a GK-12 Teacher
1) Develop an enhanced understanding of the relationship of math and science in your teaching.
2) Share your classroom knowledge with others, including the graduate Fellows.
3) Have an extra 1-2 graduate students in the classroom who can help with lecture and/or laboratory preparation and execution.
4) Have the opportunity to allow graduate students to share their research expertise with your students.
5) Be paid a stipend of $4,500 for your time.
6) Participate in a two-week summer institute.
7) Be part of a creative, interdisciplinary team involving graduate students and K-12 high school teachers.
8) Develop novel integrated math-science or math-engineering curriculum modules for use in the K-12 environment.
9) See benefit to your students through the application of the new inquiry-based integrated curriculum modules.
10) Participate in national dissemination of your work through a capstone conference help develop a model that can be replicated across the nation.