Stay up to date with Museum events, exhibitions, and more!
Explore the links below...
Events / Programs / Current Exhibits / Coming Attractions / General Info
* usual ticket prices apply.
- 11… Toddler Tuesday: Insects and Spiders, 10:30-11:30am. Ages 2-5 with accompanying adults. Space limited. Register by phone 806.742.2432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 15… Saturday@The Museum: Architecture, 1-4pm. FREE public come-&-go event. Enjoy fun, hands-on activities, and challenges! Activities are FREE of charge and are for children ages 8 & up and family members.
- 18-20… Spring Break Fest: Camps
- T-Rex and Triceratops and Raptors... Oh, My! Travel back in time when dinosaurs roamed the earth (Museum-wide Dino Day is May 3). This event runs from 10am-12pm. The cost is $15 perchild, reservations required. Ages 5-7.
- Architecture at the Museum of Texas Tech University. Introduction to architectural terms and concepts in preparation for the Frank Lloyd Wright exhibition. This event runs from 1-4pm. The cost is $15 per child, reservations required. Grades 3-5.
- 18-20… Spring Break Fest: FREE Film Fest
- 18... Movies@The Museum: National Velvet (1944), stars Elizabeth Taylor
- 19... Movies@The Museum: Seabiscuit (2003), stars Tobey Maguire
- 20... Movies@The Museum: Secretariat (2010), stars Diane Lane
- Check out the Diamond M gallery
- 21... University Holiday - Museum of Texas Tech University, Lubbock Lake Landmark, and Moody Planetarium will be closed.
For a more complete calendar and details about programs and events, click here
for the Education Programs Calendar.
Color Key to events: • Red - Special programs and events • Dk. Blue - Regular MoTTU programs and events • Lt. Blue - MoTTU programs and events connected with exhibitions • Magenta - Seasonal Programs • Orange - MoTTU Camps • Green - Lubbock Lake Landmark programs and events • Purple - Museum Association events • Collegial Cross-posting • Gray - Completed Event
Check out the numerous programs & activities available by clicking on the links below:
For a more complete calendar and details about programs and events,
click here, 2013 and 2014 for the Education Programs Calendar
Education Division BLOG
000066 • Guidelines for School/Group Tours
LUBBOCK LAKE NATIONAL HISTORIC LANDMARK Programs
Website fort this satellite element of the Museum of Texas Tech University. Click here.
LLL Public Programs, click here.
Planetarium Sky Shows
MUSEUM of TTU
Events, programs, and how to join the Museum Association are hosted on this website. Click here.
..Currently Showing ...
- Colorful Kite Tales,** Gallery 101
- Little Black Dress, ** Gallery 1
- Sacred Places and Ancient Texts—The Rock Art of Cowhead Mesa,** Balcony Gallery [Also in Lubbock Lake Landmark's Nash Interpretive Center gallery]
- Call of the Wild, Gallery 2&3
- IN ADDITION—Recently Acquired Artworks for the Museum's Collections,** Gallery 4
- Masterson and Mooar Crossing Trails on the Texas Frontier, Gallery 5 (side-by-side) exhibits.
- Bat Masterson—Buffalo Hunter, Gambler, Journalist
- John Wesley Mooar and His Buffalo Gun**
- From Numerous to Non-Existent—Common, Rare, Threatened, Endangered, and Extinct Species in the Collections of the Natural Science Research Laboratory,** Gallery 6
- Gotta Catch 'Em All—Collecting, Preserving, and Displaying Insects,** Explorium Gallery
- The Season of Giving and the Joy of Play—Historic Toys from Holidays Past.** Gallery 7
- AZ<>NM<>TX — 20th and 21st Century Art in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona,** Talkington Gallery of Art
Coming Attractions in 2014…
- Up from the Basement—Ancient Arts, February 3
- GRAND RE-OPENING!!! William C. and Evelyn M. Davies Gallery of Southwest Indian Art with "Beyond Expressions In Clay," February 7
** "Up from the Basement…" designates in-house exhibition from the Museum's five million object collection.
Check out all exhibition listings for 2013- 2014
LOCATIONS - Museum, Planetarium, Lubbock
Gifts and Books (Museum of TTU Association)
- Museum, Planetarium, Lubbock Lake Landmark
TECH EVENTS CALENDAR
- TTU Speakers, Programs, and Events