- Astronomy Lab students click here.
- Group tour info, click here.
- Ticket prices, click here.
- Holiday Schedule, click here.
return to Education Division page
has upgraded to a new state-of-the-art, full-dome digital projection system, capable of creating a brilliant, seamless image over the entire 30-foot dome surface, where spectacular images surround the audience, extending beyond peripheral vision and leading to an experience that is fully Immersive and totally engaging.
DAILY SHOWS… Wed - Sun (May 1- June 2)
- 2:00pm…LaserOPOLIS - includes music of Alanis Morrisette, B-52s, No Doubt, Boston & Pink Floyd
- 3:30pm…"Dinosaur Prophecy" - Long before dinosaurs' massive extinction, many individual species simply disappeared. Visit dinosaur graveyards, study their bones, and reconstruct how these creatures lived and died in four areas of the world.
SATURDAY SCHEDULE… (May 4, 11, 18, 25)
- 12:30pm…"Dinosaur Prophecy"
- 3:30pm…"Dinosaur Prophecy"
SUNDAY, May 12, 3:30pm…Special Mother's Day show about the visible stars and constellations. "Dinosaur Prophecy" will not be shown on this date but will resume the following Wednesday. Regular ticket prices apply.
First Friday Art Trail@The Museum (FFAT) each month…
FFAT Planetarium Shows… at 5:30, 6:30, & 7:30pm
- May 3… Laser METALLICA
- June 7… Laser BEATLES
- July 5… Laser U2
- August… Laser MICHAEL JACKSON
- September 6… Laser PINK FLOYD's "The Wall"
- November 1… Laser DANCE
- December 6… Laser QUEEN
- Special Mother's Day Showing, Sunday, May 12, 3:30pm… Show about the visible stars and constellations. Regular ticket prices apply.
- School tour show times are available. Call 806.742.2456 for information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TICKETS for daily planetarium, laser, & FFAT shows see table below.
NEW!!! The Planetarium now accepts CASH, DEBIT, and CREDIT cards.
- General Admission (ages 19-59)…$5
- Children & Teens (ages 6-18)…$3
- Seniors (ages 60 & up)…$3
- Univ. Students/Faculty/Staff (w/ID)…$3
- Kids (5 & under)…FREE
- Active Military & their families…FREE
(MoTTU is a Blue Star Museum)
- Tickets go on sale 30 min before showtime on a first-come basis.
- You must be present to purchase a ticket.
- No late seating.
- No re-admittance after a show is in progress.
Sound & light shows featuring the AVI Omniscan Laser Projection System
Hi-fidelity music and spectacular laser-generated, full-color images combine to produce a sensational audio and visual experience in the Moody Planetarium dome room. Laser shows may be loud and may contain lyrics or visuals that might not be considered appropriate for all ages.
Patrons with medical conditions triggered or aggravated by flashing lights, loud sounds, or rapid visual movements should carefully consider whether or not to attend shows.
- Tickets on sale 30 min before showtime; first-come basis.
- Call 806.742.2432 or 806.742.2456, or email to email@example.com for clarification about ticket prices.
- Must be present to purchase tickets
- No late seating
- No re-admittance once shows are in progress
NOTE: Special laser shows may be loud and may contain lyrics or visuals that may not be appropriate for all ages. For more information, contact the MoTTU Education Division at 806.742.2432 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
School & Group Shows
Call for information
and reservations at
806.742.2432 —OR— 806.742.2456
GROUP SCHEDULING INFORMATION
Guidelines… Please Read Carefully!
are required for all school programs and must be scheduled at
least two (2) weeks in advance by calling 806.742.2456 or 806.742.2432.
plan to arrive a minimum of 10 minutes before the scheduled show
time. Shows will be canceled if groups are 15 minutes late.
- Tickets for school shows are $2 per person.
information about school shows call 806.742-2432, 742.2456, or email to email@example.com.
The Moody Planetarium follows the TTU holiday schedule and is closed on USA Independence Day, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas Eve through New Year's Day, and may be closed for special programming.
For clarification, call the MOTTU Education office at 806.742.2432 or 806.742.2456, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
of Texas Tech University © 2004
Maintained by: MuseNet
Updated: May 7, 2013