Texas Tech University

Office of the Registrar

Order Transcripts   Register for Classes

FAQ Category: General

About Us

The Office of the Registrar is located in the center and west wing of the first floor of West Hall.

West Hall

Please visit Academic Records in Room 103 located in the center of the building. Our friendly staff will be glad to assist you or direct you to the proper office for further assistance.

If you need further assistance, please come by Academic Records in Room 103 West Hall, call us at 806.742.3661 or fax us at 806.742.0355.

[Categories: General; ]

How do I transfer my credit to Texas Tech?

In order to receive transfer credit, you must first submit official copies of your final transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. All transferable credit will be included in your total earned hours at Texas Tech; however, the GPA from your transfer credit is not calculated into your TTU GPA.

[Categories: Transfer Credit; General; ]

Where do I go to drop a course?

​Students may drop a course on Raiderlink through MyTech through the last day to drop each semester (45th class day).  Registration holds will prevent a student from being able to drop a course.

[Categories: General; Withdrawal Information; Add/Drop Courses; ]

Where can I withdraw from the semester?

How can I do a grade replacement?

As of Spring 2010, grade replacements are automatically processed by the Office of the Registrar following each term and require no action on the part of the student.

For more information, see: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/registrar/Grade_Replacement.php

[Categories: General; ]

How do I get a Transcript? Is there a cost?

A Texas Tech University transcript is a complete record of a student's enrollment at Texas Tech, including all undergraduate, graduate, and professional courses. Partial transcripts are not available.


  • The fee for a transcript is $5.00. (Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts are separate transcripts.)
  • The fee for each additional transcript is $5.00

The Quickest and Most Convenient Way to Order an Official Transcript

Standard processing turnaround time once you place your official transcript order online is 1 to 3 business days.


  • Log on to Raiderlink at http://www.raiderlink.ttu.edu and click on the "MyTech" tab
  • Under the "Manage My Enrollment" section, select "TTU Transcript Request"
  • If you are an undergraduate Texas Tech student requesting admission to the Texas Tech Graduate School, DO NOT use this form. The Graduate Office has access to view transcripts. It does not need to be mailed.
  • If you are an undergraduate Texas Tech student requesting admission to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, an official transcript is required.

Alumni or former students can request a transcript directly from Credentials Solutions using the following link: ALUMNI AND FORMER TECH STUDENTS

Former Law Students and Law Alumni please use the following link for transcript processing: LAW ALUMNI AND FORMER LAW STUDENTS

[Categories: General; Transcript Inquiry; ]

Withdrawal Process

Undergraduate and graduate students may withdraw online at: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/registrar/withdrawal_information.php

[Categories: Withdrawal Information; General; ]

How do I obtain a Verification of Enrollment?

Please see the following web page for details on requesting verification of enrollment: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/registrar/Degree_Verification.php

[Categories: Verification of Enrollment & Degrees; General; ]

Where do I file an Intent to Graduate or degree plan or declare Pass/Fail?

Students should go to their Academic Dean's office for these services.

[Categories: General; ]

Where do I apply if I am a Former Tech Student?

Please complete the application for readmission process online at: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/formertech/

[Categories: Undergraduate Admissions; General; ]

Exemptions for Texas Veterans (Hazlewood Act Exemption)

​The purpose of the Hazlewood Exemption (Hazlewood Act) is to provide an education benefit to honorably discharged or separated Texas veterans and to eligible dependent children and spouses of Texas veterans. See http://www.depts.ttu.edu/diversity/mvp/hazelwood_act.php

[Categories: Veteran's Affairs; General; ]

Military & Veterans Programs

​Military & Veterans Programs is here to assist veterans and their families in achieving academic and personal success.


[Categories: Veteran's Affairs; General; ]

Academic Calendar


  • Wednesday, March 29, 2017
    Last day for student-initiated drop on MyTech with academic penalty (counts against drop limit). All drops are the responsibility of the student.
  • Wednesday, March 29, 2017
    Last day to declare pass/fail intentions.
  • Friday, March 31, 2017
    Last day for graduate degree candidates to defend theses/dissertations.
  • Friday, March 31, 2017
    Last day for master’s non-thesis comprehensive examinations.


  • Thursday, April 06, 2017
    3 p.m., First day of fall semester advance registration for currently enrolled students (continues through April 25).
  • Friday, April 07, 2017
    Last day for graduate degree candidates to submit to the Graduate School the final PDF of thesis/dissertation.
  • Friday, April 07, 2017
    Last day for graduate degree candidates to submit the Oral Defense and Thesis-Dissertation Approval Form.
  • Friday, April 07, 2017
    Last day for M.M. and D.M.A. candidates to post the PDFs of recital programs to the ETD website and to submit recordings of recitals to the Graduate School.
  • Friday, April 14, 2017
    Last day to remove grades of I, PR, or CR in the Graduate School. This does not apply to the PR/CR received on a previous thesis or dissertation enrollment.
  • Monday, April 17, 2017
    Day of no classes. University employees on duty
  • Monday, April 17, 2017
    Select dining locations open for service.
  • Tuesday, April 25, 2017
    Last day of advance registration.
  • Wednesday, April 26, 2017
    Last day for graduate degree candidates to pay thesis-dissertation fee posted to Banner account.
  • Wednesday, April 26, 2017
    Official reports due to Graduate School on Interdisciplinary Portfolio for the master’s degree (non-thesis students).
  • Wednesday, April 26, 2017
    Official reports due to Graduate School on results of final comprehensive examinations.
  • Wednesday, April 26, 2017
    Last day to inform the Graduate School of plans to graduate in absentia.
  • Wednesday, April 26, 2017
    Open registration begins for fall 2017.
  • Wednesday, April 26, 2017
    Last day to transfer between colleges.


Office of the Registrar