FERPA defines "directory information" as information contained in the education records of a student that would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed. For more information, please see: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/faq.html#q4
The following student information is considered Texas Tech University Directory Information:
- Student Name
- Permanent and Local Addresses
- Place of Birth
- Major Field of Study
- Dates of Attendance
- Degrees, Awards, and Honors Received
- Specific Enrollment Status
- Full-time, Part-time, Half-time
- Undergraduate, Graduate, Law
- Participation in Officially Recognized Sports and Activities
- Height/weight of members of Athletic Teams
- Previous Institution(s) Attended
All requests must first be reviewed and approved by the Registrar. No information will be released without prior approval.
Student organizations must have the approval of a faculty advisor. All requests must first be reviewed and approved by the Registrar.