Institutional Resources & Training
There are several resources available for both PIs and department administrators.
Training & Education
- Raider Research University is a training program geared toward department administrators but may be useful to anyone managing sponsored projects.
- Administration & Finance Information Systems Management (AFISM) offers several helpful courses including a training for Cognos Grant Reports.
- The TTU Office of the Vice President for Research website incorporates educational resources, guides, and tools for researchers including the faculty Guide to Research.
- The Office of Research Services offers training such as proposal budgeting and Cayuse.
- Cayuse – Proposal development, submission and award information
- Cognos – Run Cognos data reports
- Budget Revision System (BRS) – Enter budget revisions on cost share or departmental funds
- Financial Transaction System (FITS) – Submit cost transfers, apply revenues, and enter intra-institutional vouchers (IVs)
- TeamApp – Update alternate approvers, shoppers, etc. as an organizational financial manager
- TechBuy – Submit procurement requisitions and manage purchase orders
- Travel – Submit travel applications and vouchers for reimbursement
- The National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) offers workshops, conferences, and other resources such as You Tube Tuesdays for education on managing sponsor programs.
For additional questions, Grant Specialist contacts can be found by college and department in the Accounting Services Find My Grant Specialist contact listing.