Choose Texas Tech
We have a wide range of academic programs for you to explore. Texas Tech is a place
where great things are happening inside the classroom and out – where you can play
as hard as you study. Whoever you want to become, from here, it's possible. To get
a full overview of Texas Tech's transfer admissions policies, take a look at our Transfer Admissions Guide.
See How Your Credits Will Transfer
- Look up transferable courses in the database. Transfer Equivalency
- Contact the Office of Community College & Transfer Relations (CCTR) to receive guidance
on transferable courses and degree plans. CCTR
- View possible two-year plans to help you select your courses at your institution.
- If you are a veteran or active duty military, please submit your Joint Service Transcript
so that your military experience and training can be evaluated and credit awarded.
Individuals who have earned college credit after high school graduation should follow
the transfer application process.
- ApplyTexas Transfer Application (www.applytexas.org)
- $75 application fee or fee waiver
- Official transcripts (college). We require official transcripts from every college you have attended. Students must
submit high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores for acceptance if they have completed
less than 12 transferable hours after graduating from high school. If the transcript
service you use is requesting an email address to deliver your document to Texas Tech,
please have it sent to: email@example.com
If you are completing a domestic admissions application but have international credentials:
Required documents must be provided in English. If official English translations are
not supplied by the applicant's institution(s), the applicant must provide a translation
done by an American Translators Association-certified translator. A list of ATA-certified
translators is available online here.
- We strongly recommend that you provide a high school transcript for your file. This
will be used for advising and for satisfying foreign language requirements in some
majors. This is only a mandatory admissions requirement if you have completed fewer
than 12 transferable hours after graduating from high school.
- Students who have completed more than 12 transferable hours after graduating from
high school will need to supply high school transcripts for advising purposes only.
- International applicants have additional requirements. Call the International Admissions office at 806.742.3667.
- Every student attending Texas Tech for the first time must show proof of a meningitis vaccination.
If you present the required combination of transferable hours and GPA below, you are
assured admission. GPA is cumulative for all transferable courses (including dual
credit) from all schools attended. Courses taken for grade replacement are used for
GPA calculation only if the same course is repeated at the same institution where
it was originally taken.
|24 or more hours
Admission Requirements for Specific Colleges
Some academic colleges and departments at Texas Tech only accept students who meet
assured admission requirements. College entrance requirements are subject to change
and are listed in the Texas Tech Undergraduate Catalog.
- College of Architecture (all majors) – 3.00 GPA
- Rawls College of Business (all majors) min. 18 Hours – 3.0 GPA
- Whitacre College of Engineering (all majors, min. 24 transferrable credit hours and
3.0 GPA, PE 3.2)
Click here to see requirements
- Honors Arts & Letters – Honors College admission required
- College of Human Sciences
- Interior Design – 2.75 GPA
- Community, Family, & Addiction Sciences – 2.5 GPA
- Human Development & Family Studies – 2.5 GPA
- Kinesiology & Sport Management – 2.5 GPA
If you do not meet assured admission requirements but have at least a 2.00 cumulative
GPA, an admissions committee will evaluate your potential based on other criteria:
- Academics – types of courses taken and pattern of progress, as well as coursework taken leading
- Student-submitted essay – explanation of the decision to transfer to Texas Tech, reasons for past academic
performance and plans to ensure future academic success
- Extracurricular activities/employment/Texas Tech affiliation – leadership and work experience, special talents or awards, other information relevant
to the admission decision
Students with a cumulative GPA or transferable credit hours below requirements or
who haven't taken college coursework in the past two or more semesters are encouraged
to explain circumstances that have impacted their past academic performance and to
submit an essay.
Although applications will be accepted beginning August 1, initial decision letters
will be released in mid-September. Decisions beyond this time usually take 2-4 weeks.
Check Your Application Status