Text Messaging Policy
SMS text messaging is an effective channel of communication that Texas Tech University provides to prospective students. Students who have opted in to this services will receive communication directly related to events such as registration reminders, deadlines or other important information that may be considered critical and/or time sensitive.
One-on-one and scheduled SMS texting may relay any of the following messages:
- Important or time-sensitive information regarding deadlines, student's account or other notices critical to the admissions process
- Information that may be of interest to the student including general messages regarding academics or life as a Red Raider etc.
- Event information including reminders, scheduling changes or cancellations
- Emergency notifications
You may use any of the following to opt-out from SMS texting from Texas Tech University.
- Reply to text message by typing the words "STOP" (best option)
- Call 806.742.1480
- Email us at email@example.com
- After opt-out is sent, sender will receive a text message confirming they have opt-out from further SMS Texting from TTU.