RRO Tips From The Advisors
- Bring a laptop or tablet with you. Just about everything we'll do in these two days will be digital and electronic. RRO works much easier if you'll bring your own technology.
- Take any necessary exams. Math Placement, Chemistry Placement, and TSI exams can all be accessed on the Admitted Student Tasklist. Advanced math classes are governed by previous courses and/or math placement exam results. The same is true for chemistry courses required for engineering and hard sciences majors. We have to have these scores before you can register for the classes. Because of your schedule once at orientation, we recommend taking these in the comfort of your home. Please note: TSI and the placement tests are NOT the same. If you plan to major in a STEM field, take the MPE and CPE prior to attending orientation.
- Remember your eRaider name and password. Accessing the Texas Tech network to register for class will be impossible without it. Keep it somewhere you always have access to and you'll be good to go!
- Ensure we have record of every transfer course and AP/CLEP/Dual Credit course you have taken. Using your eRaider account, you can look at your transcripts. Should you see an error or omission, contact the Registrar's office ASAP. It is also a wise idea to bring any printed copies of transcripts or test scores with you.
- Check your progress on the Admitted Student Tasklist