Section 2: Getting to Know the Student
Sample Questions for Subsequent MeetingsFuture meetings with advisees should attempt to make life at Texas Tech as productive and trouble-free as possible. You should be ready to work with the student to help solve any problems that the student encounters. These meetings are also a time to make certain that the academic choices that students make correspond with their career goals.
- How are you enjoying life at Texas Tech?
- Do you know where to get help if you encounter any problems?
- How is each of your classes going?
- In which academic areas do you still need to take courses before graduation?
- In which student activities and professional organizations are you currently involved?
- Do you know where you can find out more about campus activities?
- When do you plan to graduate?