Welcome to myAdvising@ttu.edu
About AXIS ... the Advising Information System
Helping students accomplish their goals is often determined by how well advisors, staff, and faculty work together by sharing information, tracking students’ progress, and interjecting assistance at appropriate moments.
The Advising Staff at the University Advising Center created and has been using an electronic database advising information management system since 2000. It is a system designed by and for academic advisors to support students in reaching their goals. Here are your options at this point:
- Current Students should click on the eRaider sign-in button up at the top.
- Curious advising personnel can continue to read through this page.
- Curious and hands-on advising can jump directly to a live demonstration site running AXIS which will allow you to "play with" the system in its current form. Jump to http://j.mp/axisdemo.
Benefits of Electronic Documentation
- AXIS reduces student wait time
- advising time and communication are increased by removing routine and redundant work from the advising appointment
- students may access their advising information from this web-based application ... anywhere, anytime
- students receive consistent and current information on referrals from their advising interactions in email receipts and follow-up messages
for Academic Advisors
- advising relationships are assigned dynamically, as the system population and resources allow
- it is paperless ... no files to lose or maintain
database-driven records allow for tracking of:
- each advising interaction
- each advising communication
- feedback & follow-up conversations
- referrals made and referrals completed
- action plan progress
- correlations between specific advice given and the person who has given the advice
Quality Assurance Checks provide
- peer learning opportunity as integrated part of workday
- accountability on progress of student population
- backup against minor errors that would otherwise go unnoticed
- asynchronous communication between advisors on important matters of quality, accuracy, and effective communication
for Advising & University Administration
- AXIS allows administrators to analyze student advising trends, issues, and cohorts in a real-time time frame.
- Facilitates the automation of certain communications, freeing advisors for other value-added work
- Workloads are being balanced in an ongoing fashion
- Generation of an advising timeline report to facilitate problem resolution with other departments and university administrators
- AXIS allows for longitudinal tracking as well as proactive intervention.
Specific AXIS FeaturesThere are many specific features of the AXIS system. Click to learn more. MORE
Where We're Headed ....
The section that follows contains an outlined version of the coming entry to the AXIS interface for students, advisors, and others who may venture into the world of myAdvising.
We encourage you to check back frequently to monitor our progress toward this exciting and incredibly useful tool. MORE