Becoming a PreLaw Assistant/Ambassador
The TTU PreLaw Program is designed to provide information and outreach to current and prospective PreLaw students. Much of this important work is done by PreLaw Program Assistants and Ambassadors. PreLaw Assistants/Ambassadors are academically successful students that have earned more than 15 semesters hours. Program Assistants/Ambassadors will be responsible for identifying, gathering, collecting and dispersing general information to all PreLaw students. This group of students will be responsible for supporting the continual growth of the TTU PreLaw Program through their participation in and outreach for PreLaw workshops and seminars, community service events, electronic media, and student gatherings.
PreLaw Ambassadors develop skills that will serve them well during the law school application process such as clear communication, professionalism and the opportunity to network with other students also going to law school.
Students wishing to apply must meet the following requirements to be considered for an ambassador position:
- Full-time student (enrolled at Texas Tech University in at least 12 hours for both the Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 semesters)
- Must be a PreLaw student (of any major) who has completed two or more semesters at Texas Tech University by May 2012
- Must have (and maintain) a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (TTU and transfer GPA combined)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exhibit strong interpersonal communication skills and high level of comfort with public speaking
- Ability to be a positive and productive team member, combining both structure and flexibility
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to promote the TTU PreLaw Program and represent PreLaw students at Texas Tech University
- Agree to commit an average of 3 hours per week to the TTU PreLaw Program outreach and promotion efforts, in addition to consistently attending ALL monthly PreLaw Team meetings and monthly PreLaw Roundtables.
Other tasks PreLaw Program Ambassadors may participate in:
- Attend law school programs with students.
- Communicate monthly with PreLaw students via the PreLaw Program Blog.
- Help students with the law school application process including personal statement writing, taking practice LSAT, and discussing letters of recommendation.
- Create and update sample documents including:
- Personal statements
- LSAT study guides
- Road map to Law School
- Represent TTU PreLaw students at national workshops
- Support PreLaw students at Red Raider Orientation, University Day, and special TTU or regional events
- Recruit students to attend PreLaw workshops
- Recruit students to attend regional and national conferences
- Gather annual personal evaluation of PreLaw student experiences (with/without TTU PreLaw Program)
- Speak to classes and student organizations about the PreLaw Program
Apply to be a PreLaw Ambassador
The application deadline is by 5:00 pm on Friday, April 20th, 2012. Applications can be submitted either in person at 079 Holden Hall or by emailing email@example.com. If you choose to submit your application via email make sure to include "Submitted PreLaw Ambassador Application" in the subject line.
- Application for new ambassadors: PDF Form ------ Word
- Application for returning ambassadors: PDF Form ------ Word
If you have further questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.