What is it?
SWAPLA is the SouthWest Association of PreLaw Advisors. The annual Admissions Caravan
is a traveling group of law school admissions representatives, and this year we've
arranged a stop at Texas Tech.
Students: Basically, attending this event is the equivalent of visiting nearly 100 law schools
from across the entire country in a single afternoon.
Law Schools: Last time we had more than 300 interested students meet up with your representatives.
This year, we've invited the whole region. With over 1000 students who have identified
themselves as potential law school students, we are excited to host your visit and
help make these important introductions
We are very excited to be able to offer this exciting opportunity to university students
in the West Texas region. Make your plans now so that you don't miss out!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Itinerary for Admissions Representatives
The SWAPLA Caravan will be held in the Ballroom of the Texas Tech Student Union Building
(SUB). SUB Map
- Sunday, October 13, 2013
- Admissions Representatives arrive at Lubbock International Airport (LIA)
- Bus transportation to the Overton hotel will be provided by Overton hotel shuttles.
A TTU PreLaw Ambassador will welcome arriving representatives in the airport terminal
and assist in locating the complimentary shuttles for transportation to the Caravan's
- Hotel Lobby Check-In with TTU PreLaw Program Ambassadors
- Evening Entertainment Options (See Check-in Folder)
- Monday, October 14, 2013
- 9:45 am - Hotel check out and shuttle to TTU SUB Ballroom.
- 10:00 am - Admissions Representatives check in at TTU SUB Red Raider Lounge. The
Red Raider Lounge, immediately adjacent to the SUB Ballroom will serve our hospitality
room where you can valet check your luggage, use a computer and printer, connect to
the campus wireless network, and get complimentary drinks and snacks throughout the
- 11:30 am-12:30 pm - Lunch will be served in the SUB Matador Room.
- 12:30pm-3:30pm - Caravan runs in the SUB Ballroom.
- 3:30pm-4:00pm - PreLaw Ambassadors assist with packing and transition to SWAPLA bus.
- 4:00pm - Bus departs TTU campus for airport.
- Mailed materials will be delivered prior to setup and arranged on tables before the
- Student workers will be available to assist you throughout the day.
- Students will check-in before entering the Ballroom area. With student permission,
an electronic list of contact information will be provided to all registered representatives
following the event.
Logistics for Admissions Representatives
SWAPLA Registration Information
- Registration information is available via SWAPLA.
To be arranged through SWAPLA
The R13 Lot has been graciously reserved for Admissions Representatives and Attendees by the
Rawls College of Business from 7:00 am - 5:00 pm. Per a request to email@example.com Admissions Representatives will receive a dash pass via email prior the event.
Shipping of Materials
Materials must be shipped to the following street address:
Texas Tech University
Attn: Staci Rogers-SWAPLA
079 Holden Hall
Lubbock, TX 79409-1038
Information Technology Resources
- Free wireless internet access will be provided by TTU.
Itinerary for Prospective Law Students
- The Caravan will be set up in the Student Union Ballroom from 12:30 to 3:30 pm.
- You will have the opportunity to visit with Law School Admissions Representatives
from Law Schools spanning the nation. Check back later for a complete list of attending
- Sunday, October 13th at 6:00 p.m. in the Texas Tech School of Law Auditorium: Mock Admissions Panel. Come learn what the people who make admissions decisions think about examples of
personal statements, resumes, GPA, and LSAT scores.
- If you are at all interested in attending Law School, this is a can't miss event!
- REGISTER at prelaw.ttu.edu/go
Logistics for Prospective Law Students
Schools in Attendance
- To be arranged individually
The R13 Lot has been graciously reserved for Admissions Representatives and Attendees by the Rawls College of Business Administration from 7am-5pm. Student attendees who wish to use this lot should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a free dash pass by Friday, October 23, 2013, to comply with TTU Event