Need help in a class?
Support Operations for Academic Retention
Need a little extra help in a course? We're glad to provide you with the following resources to help you along the way. The best place to start is with the SOAR Office. SOAR stands for ... Support Operations for Academic Retention. Cute acronym, serious business. Here's some direct links to services we think might be especially important for you to know about, but be sure to fully explore their entire web site so you don't miss a thing.
The Learning Center is a division of SOAR dedicated to helping students achieve academic success and develop lifelong learning skills. Free peer tutoring in a variety of subjects is available on a walk-in basis. Online Tutoring is available to students Monday –Thursday, 8pm to 10pm. Peer Coaches are also available to help students improve academic skills such as time management, studying, test-taking, and note taking. In addition to tutoring and coaching services students also have access to an ONSITE LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR to assist them in handling personal issues that may be hindering their efforts towards achieving academic success. Services through The Learning Center are free to enrolled TTU students! Drop by the Learning Center at 80 Holden Hall or call 806.742.3664. Learn much more online at www.lc.soar.ttu.edu.
- Tutoring Appointments
- Peer Tutoring:Current Peer Tutor Schedule
- Online Tutoring
- Academic Skill Advisement
Support Opportunities in Specific Academic Program Areas
- Chemistry Tutor Webpage
- Retired Professor – John Marx $16/hr email at email@example.com
- Students in the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources – Tutoring in Chemistry
- Engineering Tutoring Center
- Civil Engineering Honorary Society (Chi Epsilon)
- Mechanical Engineering Honorary Society (Pi Tau Sigma)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Tutoring
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Peer Tutoring
- The University Writing Center