Department of Administration and Finance Information Systems Management (AFISM) strives to provide a current, high-quality, professional, and reliable computing environment that enables partners to ensure effective technology access and productivity and, ultimately, to further the mission of Texas Tech University.
To review our strategic plan, click here.
Our Department will:
Our Department will support our partners by:
- Build and reinforce partnerships by providing innovative, flexible, responsive and cost-effective solutions valued by our partners.
- Identify and explore emerging technologies in order to provide appropriate and stable solutions to support partners' business processes.
- Support information system and technological improvements with education, training and operational (triage) assistance to enhance campus-wide productivity.
- Foster a workplace that is challenging, interesting, and fulfilling - a place where we respect and value every staff member's contributions while cultivating continued professional growth, participation, and the desire to strive for excellence.
Setting the standard for providing quality reporting, training, and technology support for information systems services.
Managing the partner technology budget to avoid duplication, to achieve economies of scale, and to relieve burdensome efforts of resolving technology issues.
Coordinating and maintaining project status reporting for Banner version upgrades.
- Managing logical security access to information systems and data warehouses.
- Enabling the campus community through training and learning resources to successfully operate the information systems.
- Providing ad-hoc reporting and reporting tool training to support data warehouses.
- Being recognized as an excellent partner in advancing their missions and visions.
- Being recognized for addressing constituent's needs with respect and empathy in a timely and effective manner.