In 2014, Texas Tech University will host two CASE Institutes:
Agricultural Systems - Animal
Introduction to Ag Food and Natural Resources
June 16-26, 2014
CASE curriculum is designed to promote common understanding of agricultural concepts by all students through instruction based on common concepts of Agricultural Education programs.
The Principles of Agricultural Science course is structured to enable all students to have a variety of experiences that will provide an overview of the field of agricultural science with a foundation in animal science that can continue throughout their high school year.
Students will explore hands-on projects and activities to learn the characteristics of animal science and work on major projects and problems similar to those that animal science specialists, such as veterinarians, zoologists, livestock producers, or industry personnel face in their respective careers.
Benefits of implementing CASE curriculum:
- Integrates FFA, SAE and Life Knowledge Connections
- Aligns to National Content Standards
- Allows students to independently work through hands-on lessons
- Reduces stress and preparation for daily lessons
- Shifts focus to instruction, rather than lesson planning