Gerald W. Thomas Outstanding Agriculturalist Award - Nominations
Many people contribute immeasurably to the general good of the agricultural industry. To recognize these contributions, Texas Tech University's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources established the Outstanding Agriculturalist Award which is used to honor these individuals.
The purpose of the program is to recognize and honor individuals who have made significant contributions to the industry. Each year a producer (farmer/rancher), an agribusiness person, and an individual with a significant record in public service will be chosen for the award.
In honoring individuals as Outstanding Agriculturalists, programs in the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at Texas Tech University are also recognized for their contributions to the nation's agricultural industry.
- Three awards will be made annually.
- Each individual selected should be present at the conferring of the award, which will presented in conjunction with the annual Pig Roast.
- Former award recipients, College deans, department chairpersons and faculty, retired faculty, and members of the CASNR Advisory Board will be invited each year to make nominations.
- Nominations should be accompanied by a brief statement indicating why the nominee should be considered.
- To be eligible for the Outstanding Agriculturalist Award, an individual must:
- Be distinguished in his or her profession, business, or other worthy endeavors, and have received recognition from contemporaries.
- Have demonstrated significant contributions to the agricultural industry.
- Be "successful" in their field of endeavor.
- Not currently serve on the University Board of Regents or as a member of the faculty or staff of the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources.
- A degree from Texas Tech University or the College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources is NOT a requirement.
- Former award recipients, College faculty and department chairpersons, College retired faculty, and members of the CASNR Advisory Board are invited to rank their preferences in each category and to submit them to the Dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources.
- At all stages of the selection procedure, the discussion of possible recipients will be deemed a confidential matter.
- Outstanding Agriculturalist Award Past Recipients
- Outstanding Agriculturalist Award Nomination Guidelines
- Outstanding Young Alumni Award Nomination Guidelines
- Distinguished Alumni & Outstanding Young Alumni Past Recipients
- Distinguished Alumni Award Nomination Guidelines
On-Line nomination forms may be obtained here:
- Distinguished Alumni Nomination Form
- Outstanding Young Alumni Nomination Form
- Outstanding Agriculturalist Nomination Form
PDF nomination forms may be obtained here:
College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
AddressP.O. Box 42123, Lubbock, Texas 79409-2123, Dean’s Office Location: Goddard Building, Room 108