Fall '14 Enrollment:
379 graduate students
Total Research Funding:
The College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR) adheres to the highest standards of excellence in learning, research and engagement. Whether it's food, fiber, natural resources, environmental sciences, management, or planning, CASNR leads the charge on regional, state and global levels. With six academic departments, and several research centers and institutes, CASNR is preparing society-ready graduates with the ability to think creatively and analytically, while also providing discoveries on current and emerging aspects of agricultural research with state, regional, national and global impacts.
- A leading college in the U.S. with programs awarding 12 baccalaureate, 11 masters and seven doctorate degrees in agricultural sciences and natural resources disciplines.
- Currently ranked in the upper third in size among universities with agricultural sciences and natural resources programs.
- State-of-the-art research and teaching facilities
- Biotechnology-ready greenhouse
- Collaborative design studio for landscape architecture
- An Equestrian Center with four outdoor arenas and one indoor arena
- One on-campus and two off-campus research farms
- Turf management and maintenance program at the Rawls Course (Texas Tech's European designed, 18-hole championship golf course)
2013 STRATEGIC PLAN ASSESSMENT REPORT
CASNR has completed its Strategic Plan Assessment for 2013. With record level productivity in teaching, research and outreach programs, CASNR is well on the way to being recognized as one of the top academic institutions in the world. The College constantly reviews its strategic goals and outcomes, and adapts to the changing needs of its clientele.
Personalized instruction and attention to students is our standard. Our 14-to-1 student to teacher ratio plus the College's "open-door policy" makes faculty members easily accessible. We offer an “Ag Pals Program,” which provides mentors for entering freshmen, in addition to providing ample opportunity to get out-of-the-classroom experience while still pursuing your education. You can intern in the agricultural industry, or with state and federal agencies. CASNR students can also participate in an internship with a state or federal legislator through the CASNR Government Internship Program. Meanwhile, CASNR is home to numerous national and international collegiate championship teams.