- Strategic Plan
- Advisory Board
- Research Projects
- Cotton Experts
- Related Links
(806) 742-5333 ext.224
Creation and Field-Testing Of Transgenic Cotton Engineered For Higher Drought- And Salt-Tolerance
Principal Investigators: Hong Zhang, Dick Auld
To create salt and drought tolerant cotton
Development of Cotton Based Nonwoven Chemical Warfare Decontamination Wipe
Principal Investigators: Seshadri S. Ramkumar
The overall goal of the project is to enhance the use and sales value of cotton and to create high-tech applications for cotton fibers.
- Develop value-added cotton nonwovens
- Examine the protection capabilities of cotton based chemical protective substrates and decontamination wipes.
Economic Impacts of Agricultural Policy on Natural Fibers
Principal Investigators: James W. Richardson, Joe L. Outlaw
The primary objective is to develop a method for responding to Congressional requests for analysis of alternative natural fiber farm programs including wool, mohair and cotton. A second objective is to use the resulting modeling systems to analyze quantitatively the sectors and firm level effects of alternative farm policies.
- Analyze the impacts of a counter cyclical farm program for supporting cotton, wool and mohair prices.
- Analyze the impacts of a marketing loan program for cotton, wool and mohair.
- Analyze the impacts of safety net farm programs for cotton, wool and mohair ranchers.
- Analyze the cost of producing cotton in major production regions of the U.S. and major producing countries in South America.
- Research further changes in foreign policies that impact these industries.