- Strategic Plan
- Advisory Board
- Research Projects
- Cotton Experts
- Related Links
(806) 742-5333 ext.224
Analysis of the Adoption of Bt Cotton in South Asia on World Cotton Markets
Principal Investigators: Sukant Misra, Phillip Johnson
- Estimate the adoption rate of Bt technology by farmers in the study area.
- Estimate yield response functions of Bt cotton in study area.
- Estimate acreage response functions of cotton with the adoption of Bt cotton in study area.
- Estimate world supply/production and price of cotton under the scenario of increased adoption of Bt varieties.
- Simulate the direction and magnitude of world trade flow in cotton under the scenario of increased adoption of Bt varieties.
A Simulation Analysis of Cotton Gin Financial Viability Under Risk and Uncertainty
Principal Investigators: Phillip Johnson
- Evaluate the effect of stochastic cotton production on the financial viability of cotton gins.
- Evaluate the optimal gin plant size based on stochastic ginning volumes.
- Evaluate ginning firm response to reduced cotton acres due to shifts in cropping patterns within their trade area.