Diversity - Our Strategy
- Increase recruiting efforts of faculty and staff that target selected minority institutions.
- Provide support and resources to retain excellent and diverse faculty and staff.
- Develop collaborative programs with high schools and junior/community and four year colleges with historical enrollments of minority students.
- Develop cooperative recruiting plan with Admissions representatives in TTU Regional Centers that target prospective students and their families in South Texas and Houston areas.
- Participate in activities geared toward prospective students that are hosted by Raiders Rojos, the TTU Hispanic Alumni Chapter.
- Recruit at area ‘House Bill 400 schools’ (schools that traditionally have a low rate of college-bound graduates/high percentage of ethnic students.)
- Increase involvement of the College’s alumni in recruiting minorities to enhance diversity.
- Develop and track minority students who have successful scientific and professional careers in order to develop role models.
- Recruit ethnically under-represented faculty to act as role models for students.
|Ongoing Commitment||Our Strategy||Multiculturalism||Extraordinary Resource|
|Prepared for Success||Study Abroad||Contact Highlights|