JBS Base Camp
Who: Available to select college students who have just finished their junior year, and a small number of graduate students. All candidates must pass the Selection Committee.
What: 10-week long, paid summer internships at CACTUS JBS plant location.
- Pay. Each intern will be paid a wage of $17.50 per hour.
- Housing. JBS Cactus will provide housing for the intern at no cost.
Where: At JBS Cactus Beef Plant; Cactus, Texas
When: Beginning the first week of June 2014, and ending the first week of August 2014
How: Interns will work side-by-side with a JBS manager. Base Camp interns focus on one area of business for their summer working term, and each intern is assigned a specific project to complete and present at the end of the 10 week period.
The program offers mentorship, lunch and learn speaker series with plant leaders, community involvement, social activities, networking and the opportunity for future placement in a full-time position or leadership program with JBS.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.3 or higher
- Senior Standing with a graduation date between 2014 and 2015
- Agricultural, Animal Science, Industrial Mechanics/Engineers, or Business Majors preferred, but not required
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, project management abilities/judgment, and self-initiative
- Extracurricular activities, other possible internships, academic projects that indicate strong interpersonal leadership skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Exceptional communicational skills necessary to interact directly with senior managers and clients
JBS; 5950 Trails End Rd, Cactus, TX 79029; O:(806) 966-9240; F:(970) 534-2973