‘Who’s Who’ honors a dozen CASNR students at Merket Center
Twelve outstanding students from Texas Tech University’s College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources will be included in latest edition of “Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities,” according to university officials.
“This select group of students was chosen for one of the most prestigious awards the academic community can bestow,” said Lori Dudley, CASNR’s Coordinator of Student Development.
The university will host a special ‘2009 Who’s Who Recognition Reception’ at 2 p.m. Nov. 1 at the university’s Merket Alumni Center. Allen McInnes, dean of Texas Tech’s Jerry S. Rawls College of Business Administration, is the guest speaker at this year’s reception.
The following students were inducted:
• Tomas Barrientos, an agricultural and applied economics major from Petersburg
• William Brown, an animal science major from Seminole
• Meg Ehrenreich, an environmental conservation of natural resources major from Colleyville
• Kristen Hillger, an agricultural and applied economics major from Lubbock
• Scott Jones, a fisheries management major from Queen City
• Kara Kraich, an animal science major from Akron, Colo.
• Johnathan Malone, a wildlife management major from Pampa
• Kimberly Nelson, a plant biotechnology major from Wolfforth
• Rex Oliver, an agricultural communications major from Lometa
• Shelby Stokes, an agribusiness major from Afton
• Shanna Ward, an animal science major from Coffeyville, Kan.
• Dee Jay Wilde, an agricultural and applied economics major from Wall
Students are nominated for inclusion in Who’s Who by campus committees and directory editors on the basis of academic achievement, service to their community, leadership in extracurricular activities and potential for continued success.
“Who’s Who” has been published since 1934, and includes students from more than 2,300 institutions of higher learning in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and several foreign nations.
Written by Norman Martin
CONTACT: Lori Dudley, Coordinator of Student Development, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at | (806) 742-2808 ext. 283 or email@example.com
1039NM09 / Photo Credit: Norman Martin / TTU-CASNR