Texas Tech's Student Union new home for CASNR Homecoming Breakfast
College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources alumni will get a warm welcome Saturday (Oct. 13) as the graduates, young and old, celebrate the annual Homecoming Breakfast festivities at Texas Tech's Student Union Building in Lubbock.
"We're excited about the new location for our Homecoming Breakfast," said Jane Piercy, CASNR's Director of Development and External Relations. "We hope everyone enjoys the food and fun as they renew old acquaintances and make new ones."
The breakfast, which gets underway at 8 a.m., will be held in the Red Raider Ballroom. To offset the cost of the event, CASNR officials are encouraging a $10 donation. Texas Tech officials note that parking will be different this year. The plan is to park in lot R-3, near Texas Tech's main library.
Immediately following breakfast, other activities include:
- Department of Agricultural & Applied Economics. Open House in the Agricultural Sciences Building, Room 319.
- Department of Animal & Food Sciences. The department is hosting an Alumni Meat Judging Contest in the Gordon W. Davis Meat Laboratory. The exact time is pending the football game schedule.
- Meat Science Program. A tailgate Luncheon is set for noon (exact time pending the football game schedule) in the Animal and Food Sciences parking lot. All Animal and Food Sciences alumni and students are invited.
- Homecoming Football Game. Texas Tech will face the West Virginia Mountaineers for Homecoming. Game time is subject to change, visit www.texastech.com for exact time and details.
CASNR officials note that there will be several activities on tap the day before the breakfast. On Friday (Oct. 12) at 9:00 a.m. the Department of Landscape Architecture will have an alumni-student workshop for departmental alumni and current students in the Pavilion.
At 5:30 p.m., the Department of Animal and Food Sciences will host their Hall of Fame and Meat Science Recognition Banquet in the City Bank Room of the United Spirit Arena. From 5:30-7:30 p.m. the Department of Plant and Soil Science will host their Faculty Hall of Fame reception in Room 115 of the Plant and Soil Science Building. This year's honoree will be George Tereshkovich.
From 6-9 p.m. the Agricultural Education and Communications Alumni Association will be hosting a Homecoming Party at the American Museum of Agriculture located at 1121 Canyon Lake Drive in Lubbock. A chuck wagon dinner will be served, and the party is come-and-go. There will be a brief alumni meeting at 7:30 p.m. There is no cost to attend.
Written by Norman Martin
CONTACT: Tracee Murph, Coordinator of Alumni Relations, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806)742-2802 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor's Note: To RSVP or for more information from the Agricultural Education and Communications Alumni Association contact 806-742-2816 or email@example.com
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It