Tech Meat Judging Team overpowers competitors in Fort Worth contest
The Texas Tech Meat Judging Team rolled to a 96-point victory today (Feb. 5) at the Southwestern Livestock Exposition's Intercollegiate Meat Judging Contest in Fort Worth. Tech won the reasons, placings, total beef, specifications, beef judging, lamb judging and beef grading divisions.
Program officials note that Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, South Dakota State and Angelo State completed the top-five teams.
Texas Tech's 21-member team had four individuals in the top-ten overall and every individual in the top ten of the alternate division. The team is coached by meat science graduate student Loni Woolley and Mark Miller, Tech's San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Distinguished Chair in Meat Science.Team members include:
- Brittany Blum, a sophomore from Howe
- Colton Campbell, a sophomore from Artesia, N.M. (Eighth high individual overall)
- Kylan Carson, a sophomore from Olton
- Taelar Childers, a sophomore from Nevada
- Colton Coker, a sophomore from Roby (Fourth high individual overall)
- Aaron Faulkner, a junior from Lenapah, Okla.
- Trey Garza, a sophomore from Edinburg
- Nick Hardcastle, a junior from Wheeler
- Greg Howard, a junior from Bremen, Kan.
- Mallory Jones, a sophomore from Anson
- Kirby Kennedy, a sophomore from Lampasas
- Kristen Knight, a sophomore from Shallowater
- Clayton Krause, a junior from New Braunfels
- Austin Langemeier, a sophomore from Marion (Third high individual overall)
- Jacob Mikel, a junior from Vicky, Mo.
- Tyler Nueman, a sophomore from Hondo
- Kassandra Ognoskie, a sophomore from Orting, Wash.
- Bailey Joe Pennington, a sophomore from Sonora
- Luke Sellers, a junior from Denver City
- Christy Woerner, a sophomore from Fredericksburg (High individual overall)
- William Wunderlich, a sophomore from Fredericksburg
CONTACT: Mark Miller, Professor, Department of Animal and Food Sciences, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2805, ext. 231 or email@example.com
Editor's Note: For more results, go to www.judgingcard.com
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It