Livestock Judging Team wins Ft. Worth's Southwestern Livestock Exposition
Texas Tech's livestock judging team brought home its first win of the season this week as they walked away with top honors Saturday (Feb. 8) at the Southwestern Livestock Exposition's Livestock Judging Contest in Fort Worth. Texas Tech won the horse, sheep, swine and reasons divisions, and were second in beef.
Texas Tech had six of the top-ten individuals. Nick Fitzsimmons, a junior from Vail, Iowa, was high individual overall. Taylor Frank, a junior from Berthoud, Colo., finished second, while Hayden Brown, a junior from Midland, was third. Fifth high individual was Austin Crissman, a junior from Bells, seventh high individual was Bailey Riedel, a junior from San Luis Obispo, Calif., and Garrett Foote, a junior from Texico, N.M., finished eighth.Additional team members include:
- Brittany Blum, a junior from Howe
- Kylan Carson, a junior from Olton
- Colton Coker, a junior from Roby
- Cassie Godwin, a junior from Prescott, Ark.
- Tate Horwood, a junior from Sterling City
- Austin Langemeier, a junior from Marion
- Reina Lewis, a junior from Tulia
- Jacob Mckillip, a junior Lafayette, Ind.
- Ian Schaefer, a junior from Garden City
- Taylor Tjaden, a junior from San Angelo
Reporting by Moriah Beyers
CONTACT: Michael Orth, chairman, Department of Animal and Food Sciences, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2805 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It