Convocation; CASNR faculty honored for excellence in teaching, research at HSB
Three standout faculty members from Texas Tech's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources received awards for their quality teaching and research during the university's annual Faculty Honors Convocation on Tuesday (Apr. 22) at the university Human Sciences' Building.Convocation is a way to recognize the accomplishments and the achievements in teaching, research and service of the faculty, said Michael Galyean, dean of Tech's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources. Among the award winners this year are:
- Barnie E. Rushing, Jr. Faculty Distinguished Research Award. Darren Hudson, Agricultural and Applied Economics. Hudson is Tech's Larry Combest Chair for Agricultural Competitiveness. He earned a bachelor's degree in agricultural business and economics from West Texas State University. His master's and doctorate degrees in agricultural economics are from Texas Tech.
- President's Excellence in Teaching Award. Courtney Meyers, Agricultural Education and Communications. Meyers, an associate professor, has extensive hands-on experience in Web design and photo editing, as well as research and business writing, and print design. The Fulton, Kan.- native received her bachelor's degree in agricultural communications and journalism from Kansas State, and her master's degree in agricultural and extension education from the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville. Her doctorate in agricultural education and communication is from the University of Florida-Gainesville.
- Texas Tech University Alumni Association New Faculty Award. Erica Irlbeck. Agricultural Education and Communications. Irlbeck received her doctorate in agricultural education from Texas Tech. Her bachelor's degree in agricultural communications is from Oklahoma State and her master's degree is from Tech. Prior to her academic career, she worked in agricultural television news, farm radio, public relations and advertising.
Written by Norman Martin
CONTACT: Michael Galyean, Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2808 or email@example.com
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It