Well Done; Faculty, staff leaders take spotlight at International Cultural Center
Eight faculty and staff members were honored for service and support of Texas Tech University's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources today (Aug. 22) during a special evening ceremony at the International Cultural Center.
The 2014 award recipients included:
- Teaching Award: Courtney Meyers, Department of Agricultural Education and Communications
- Research Award: Brad Dabbert, Department of Natural Resources Management
- Junior Faculty Award: Erica Irlbeck, Department of Agricultural Education and Communications
- Service/Outreach Award: Cynthia McKenney, Department of Plant and Soil Science
- Student Advising Award: David Doerfert, Department of Agricultural Education and Communications
- Instructor Award: Kathryn Nelson, Department of Landscape Architecture
- Staff Award: Lori Walraven, Department of Plant and Soil Science
- Research Staff Award: Stanley Harris, Department of Animal and Food Sciences
Earlier in the day, CASNR faculty participated in a retreat at the International Cultural Center that focused on how fundraising fits with teaching, research, and service. The afternoon program was led and coordinated by Jane Piercy, CASNR's Director of Development and External Relations.
Presentations featured Tech Interim Vice Chancellor Scott Cooksey, who spoke on Texas Research Incentive Program matching funds and opportunities for research and graduate fellowships; and Tech Interim Associate Vice Chancellor Kathy Johnson who discussed organizational structure, services and prospect management, and underutilized endowment balances.
One of the highlights of the half-day program was a donor panel presentation by Dale Swinburn, Jere Lynn Burkhart, Jim Prewitt, and Linda Taylor. The meeting was closed with a faculty panel presentation by CASNR's Michael Ballou, Mindy Brashears, Brad Dabbert, Scott Burris on, "How I Cultivate a Giving Relationship."
Written by Norman Martin
CONTACT: Michael Galyean, Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2808 or firstname.lastname@example.org
0825NM14 / PHOTO: (clockwise, from top left) Courtney Meyers, Brad Dabbert, Erica Irlbeck, Cynthia McKenney, David Doerfert, Kathryn Nelson, Lori Walraven and Stanley Harris
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It