Transmedia Art Minor
School of Art announces the Transmedia Art minor effective Fall 2016. This new minor is available to all students at Texas Tech. The program creates a space for non-major students who wish to explore their artistic interests through technology and digital media.
Transmedia Art minors must complete a total of 18 credits in the courses listed below. All advanced hours must be taken in residence. A minimum grade of "C" must be earned in all courses taken for the minor.
- ART 1302 - 2D Design (3 credits)
- ART 2309 - Technology in the Arts (3 credits)
- ART 1309 - Art Appreciation (3 credits)
- ART 4390 - Advanced Transmedia (3 sections, 3 credits each)
- Video Art
- Animation & Motion Graphics
- Digital Painting (may be substituted with Art 4329 Advanced Digital Imaging)
Admission to the Program:
Any undergraduate student can declare this minor. Transmedia Art minors are not required to submit a portfolio for admission. Students are advised to declare a minor by the first semester of their junior year to allow for adequate time to complete the Transmedia minor.
Contact: Jiawei Gong, Assistant Professor of Transmedia Art