Medici Circle – Supporting School of Art
The Medici Circle is a Lubbock community volunteer group supporting School of Art through friends-raising and fund-raising for art scholarships. Since 2005, when the group first formed, the Medici Circle has successfully created or augmented nearly $500,000 in art scholarship endowments through membership dues and annual fundraisers.
Medici Circle's primary fundraiser is the much enjoyed Annual 5x7 Art Scholarship Fundraiser. This party provides a delightful mix of art, food, drink, and wild fun during the "art grab." This coming January 20, 2018, we will be celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the this annual fundraiser. The theme for this year's fundraiser will be Baroque Masque - Heaven & Hell. Mark your calendars now.
Other fundraisers include:
- Art on the Farm - scheduled for Saturday, September 23, 2017. Set in a cool and verdant pecan grove, the event will feature local chefs providing tasty gourmet treats made from local farm produce and refreshments. Students will have artworks on display and for sale. Click [HERE] for more details.
- 4th Annual Soup & Champagne Supper - scheduled for Saturday, December 2, 2017. Hand-made ceramic cups, homemade soups, and bubbles will warm you up at the beginning of the winter holiday season. More details coming soon.
In 2016-2017 revenues from Medici Circle endowments provided scholarships to fifteen graduate and undergraduate student artists and scholars in the different areas of study at the School of Art. Because the Medici Circle continues to help create new endowments each year, the numbers and amounts of scholarships have steadily increased since 2008 when the first Medici Circle scholarship made.
School of Art endowments supported by the Medici Circle:
- Bill Lockhart Art Scholarship Endowment (2007)
- Ken Little - Medici Circle Art Scholarship Endowment (2007)
- Mrs. Linda S. & Dr. John M. Filippone, Jr. - Medici Circle Scholarship Endowment (2009)
- Terry Morrow - Medici Circle Art Scholarship Endowment (2010)
- The Willie and Eve Tate Family - James E. LaMunyon Chancellor's Council Scholarship (augmented 2011)
- Rex & Bonnie Aycock - Medici Circle Master's in Art History Scholarship Endowment (2011)
- E. Grey Lewis, Jr. Memorial - Medici Circle Art Scholarship Endowment (2011)
- Real & Muff Musgrave – Medici Circle Art Scholarship Endowment (2012)
- Donna Howell-Sickles & John Sickles – Medici Circle Art Scholarship Endowment (2014)
- Deborah Milosevich – Medici Circle Scholarship Endowment (2015)
- Medici Circle Art Scholarship in Ceramics
- The Paul D. Hanna Memorial – Medici Circle Endowed Scholarship for the Fine Arts (2016)
- Rick Dingus – Medici Circle Graduate Endowed Fellowship (2016)
- Clarence E. Kincaid Memorial Scholarship Endowment (augmented 2016)
Join Medici Circle today with your $50 individual or family membership donation. Receive our monthly announcements about exhibitions on campus as well as at the School of Art's Satellite Gallery at CASP.