WITH AS MANY... points to the overlap and convergence of the many communities contemporary photographers foster, support, advocate for, and collaborate with through their photographic work.
PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE... presents immeasurable opportunities for defining ourselves and the places we come from and we are interested in catalyzing a conversation between photographers who:
- use their work to engage local communities
- give voice to under-served communities
- link communities together for a shared cause
- represent communities on their own terms
- build new communities through artistic collaboration
MANY POSSIBLE... Proposals can be for individual presentations, collaborations, workshops and panels from member photographers, writers, educators, curators, historians, professionals, and students. Topics are not required to be theme-based, and may include but are not limited to; image-making, history, contemporary theory and criticism, multidisciplinary approaches and new technologies, and presentations of work in photography, film, video, performance and installation.