Language, Image, Power
Language, Image, Power: Luso-Hispanic Cultural Studies Theory and Practice is a three-day conference hosted by the Spanish and Portuguese language program in the Department of Classical & Modern Languages & Literatures at Texas Tech University.
Location: Overton Hotel & Conference Center, Lubbock, Texas
Mabel Moraña, Washington University of St. Louis
"Latin American Cultural Studies: Accomplishments, Shortcomings, and New Agendas. An Updated Report"
Mario Rufer, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana
"Cultural Studies in Mexico: Toward a Disobedient Genealogy"
Germán Labrador Méndez, Princeton University
"New Directions in Iberian Cultural Studies? Radical Cartographies and Utopic Hispanisms after 2008"
- Texas Tech University's Department of Classical & Modern Languages & Literatures
- Texas tech University's Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement
- Texas Tech University's College of Arts & Sciences Dean's Office
- Texas Tech University's Thomas Jay Harris Institute for Hispanic and International Communication in the College of Media and Communication
- The Charles B. Qualia Endowment Fund