Communication Studies at Texas Tech is a great choice for you if...
- You want to learn how communication works to create, sustain, and transform personal life, social relationships, political institutions, and cultural conventions in society.
- You want to develop and enhance your ability to express your interests, understand others, and contribute meaningfully to the world you live in.
- You want to be surrounded by student-friendly faculty and staff who desire to see each student succeed.
- You value building strong relationships with people of varying cultural backgrounds.
- You are interested in how audiences interpret information and in the political, cultural, economic, and social dimensions of speech and language in context.
- You want to learn the science and art of persuasion.
- You want to learn how to combine a convincing argument with the appropriate medium to deliver your message in order to be successful in the modern business world.
- You want to understand business communication issues such as negotiation, dispute resolution, effective conflict management and multicultural diversity.
- You want to transform lives--yours and others.
- You plan to bring about CHANGE.
Check out the scholarships for any student who applies to Texas Tech.
Join our National Champion Debate Team
In 2008 and 2010, the Texas Tech University Debate team was crowned as the national champion. Join this great tradition as a student in Communication Studies at Texas Tech. If you want more information, Joe Gantt is the Director of Forensics and can answer any questions you might have. His e-mail is email@example.com, and his office is MCOM 277.
Degrees Offered in Communication Studies
- Communication Studies (B.A.)
- Communication Studies
- Communication Studies (M.A.)