What Registration Permits should I use on SFASRPO?
Open "What Registration Permits should I use on SFASRPO?" in a full window
In Banner, there are multiple permit types available. Depending on the issue the student is experiencing when trying to process their registration and what your department’s policy is will determine the permit type(s) you should enter on SFASRPO. Update access to SFASRPO is only given to Academic Advisors who have been given permission to post permits by their department.
More than one permit type can be issued on a student (if needed). Examples of SOME but not all permits that can be issued:
The section is full.
- First, you need to determine if your department has given permission to allow any students to enroll in a section that has already met its enrollment limit.
- If the department decides to allow additional students into a section, you would set an ENROLLMNT permit.
The section has a pre-requisite.
- First, determine if your department approves specific students to enroll in a section even if they do not have the proper pre-requisite requirements.
- If the department allows the student to enroll in the section even though there are requirements, you would set a PREREQ permit.
The section has a major restriction.
- First, you need to determine if your department will approve the student with a different major to enroll into the section.
- If the department allows the student to enroll into the section, you would set an MAJOR permit.
The section is full and has a pre-requisite (multiple restrictions).
- A student can have multiple permits entered on their records giving them permission to register into the section.
- After the department determines it is allowable for the student to register into the section, you would set ENROLLMNT and PREREQ permits.
- Have specific questions about setting permits? Contact your Registrar’s office
- Have questions in regard to an issue on a section? Contact your academic scheduler or email Janessa Walls and Nicci Price
- Need to learn how to set permits? Register for a Banner Student Come-N-Go Workshop, or Send an email to AFISM.email@example.com
Important: You must only issue permits for the department(s) you are assigned to