Do the GPCs have VCRs so I can play VHS tapes during class? If not, what are my options to play a VHS?
Open "Do the GPCs have VCRs so I can play VHS tapes during class? If not, what are my options to play a VHS?" in a full window
The GPCs are not equipped with a VCR, however all GPC classrooms have DVD or Blu-Ray players that are included in the instructor computer or lectern.
If you would like to show contents of a VHS during class, please refer to the options below.
- If your department has a TV/VCR combo that you can check out, you are welcome to bring that to class; however, that cart &/or equipment cannot be left in the room after your class is over. You will need to bring it with you for each class period that you require that equipment.
- You can convert VHS tapes to DVD at the Digital Media Studio (DMS), which can be found on the 2nd floor of the Library. Below is some additional information about the conversion process at the DMS:
- They have step-by-step instructions to walk you through the conversion process.
- They have staff on hand that can assist you.
- The conversion from VHS to DVD takes twice as long as the length of the video.
- You can convert copyrighted materials as long as you purchased the original VHS.
- You have to bring your own blank DVDs.
- There is no cost to use the conversion system.
- You have to have a valid eRaider to login to access the software.
- Contact Information:
Digital Media Studio
Location: 2nd floor of Library
Direct Line: 806-742-2245
Hours of Operation: Same as Library