A spectrophotometer measures the amount of light that a sample absorbs. The instrument operates by passing a beam of light through a sample and measuring the intensity of light reaching a detector.
- Nanodrop ND1000
- Wave length 220-750nm
- Measures 1uL samples with high accuracy and reproducibility
- Uses surface tension to hold samples in place-no cuvettes to hold samples in
- Able to measure highly concentrated samples without dilutions
- Beckman DU 530 single cell module
- Wavelength range 190-1100nm
- Silica or quartz cuvettes for UV range or glass or plastic cuvettes for visible region
- Benchmark Plus Microplate Reader
- Spectral rrange 340-800nm
- Any 6 through 384-well microplates with dimensions 138mm x 98mm x 15 mm (LxWxH) are compatible with the instrument
The Core Facility offers a spectrophotometer for public use. For extensive use, the fee is $1.00 per hour. Please contact the Core Facility to arrange instrument use at 742-3722 X 226.