Welcome to UCC 2017
co-located with the
Austin, Texas, USA
December 5-8, 2017
Per the policies of the ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Architecture, the proceedings of this event will be available at no cost for 30 days from the start of the event at the following links:
Companion volume for workshop materials: https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3147234
Access after 30 days from the start of the event will then be according to the usual ACM Digital Library policies.
- The 1st International Industry/University Workshop on Data-center Automation, Analytics, and Control (DAAC 2017)
Tuesday, Dec. 5
- The 6th International Workshop on Clouds and (eScience) Applications Management (CloudAM 2017) in conjunction with the 1st International Workshop on Heterogeneous Distributed Cloud Computing (HDCC 2017)
Tuesday, Dec. 5
- The 10th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2017)
Wednesday, Dec. 6-Thursday, Dec. 7
- The 4th International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies (BDCAT 2017)
Wednesday, Dec. 6-Friday, Dec. 8
- The 3rd International Symposium on Real-time Data Processing for Cloud Computing (RTDPCC 2017)
Wednesday, Dec. 6
- The 1st International Workshop on Utility Clouds for the Internet of Things (UCIoT 2017)
Thursday, Dec. 7
- The 4th International Workshop on Smart City Clouds: Technologies, Systems and Applications (SCCTSA 2017)
Friday, Dec. 8
Context & Scope
UCC is the premier IEEE/ACM conference covering all areas related to utility computing, cloud computing services, and other forms of advanced distributed computing. UCC provides an international forum for leading researchers and practitioners in this important and growing multidisciplinare area. UCC 2017 in Austin reflects the need to bring academics and industrial researchers together to discuss how to improve existing services and how to bring new applications into the cloud.
Cloud Computing delivers computational resources on-demand as services that are commoditized and delivered comfortably analogous to traditional utilities such as electricity, gas, water and telephony. Cloud service offerings for compute, storage and communication resources as well as for hosted software and data are growing at a tremendous rate. It is essential to understand how to effectively transform these services into Utilities that provide value to both users and providers. There is also increasing interest from commercial providers to offer business and revenue models around the services they offer. Understanding how these models could be used to provide utility for users, intermediary brokers (aggregators) and providers is also an area of active research.
This will be the 10th UCC in a successful conference series of community-driven events. Previous events were held in Shanghai, China (Cloud 2009), Melbourne, Australia (Cloud 2010 & UCC 2011), Chennai, India (UCC 2010), Chicago, USA (UCC 2012), Dresden, Germany (UCC2013), London, UK (UCC 2014), Limassol, Cyprus (UCC 2015) and Shanghai, China (UCC 2016).
UCC 2017 will be co-located with the 4th International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies (BDCAT 2017)
|Early registration deadline|
|5 October, 2017|
|Regular registration deadline|
|5 November, 2017|
|Late registration deadline|
|At the conference|