Active Learners and Engaged Scholars
Texas Tech University is preparing students for success in the twenty-first century through a commitment to lifelong, active learning and engaged scholarship.
What does it mean to be an Active Learner and Engaged Scholar?
Students who are active learners and engaged scholars consistently seek out learning opportunities across their lifespan. Whether through service learning, study abroad, research, internships, or other avenues, these students are seeking a deep, meaningful educational journey. Active learners and engaged scholars are aware of their local and global communities and seek to be active citizens and leaders in their respective fields.
Benefits of Active Learning and Engaged Scholarship
- Improved academic and technical skills
- Enhanced self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- Preparation for future graduate study and research.
- Increased employability as a result of real-life experience utilizing skills and knowledge gained through academic study and active learning experiences.
- Relationships and networks gained through collaborations across campus and community.