The Center for Active Learning and Undergraduate Engagement Advisory Committee is
comprised of faculty and staff from across campus interested in promoting and supporting
active learning at Texas Tech University. The Committee meets throughout the academic
year and provides recommendations and support to the Center.
- Promote the Center and the model of active learning at TTU to engage communication
between campus units and individuals regarding active learning endeavors.
- Facilitate resources and outreach activities for the Center and evaluate and provide
recommendations and ideas.
- Review various applications and provide recommendations to the Center as needed.
- Serve on the committee for a minimum of one academic year.
- Provide support with the Undergraduate Research Conference.
Advisory Committee Members 2014-2015:
- Amy Bafford, University Career Center
- Jaclyn Cañas-Carrell, College of Arts & Sciences, Environmental Toxicology
- Francisco Delgadillo, Rawls College of Business, Information Systems and Quantitative
- Ali Duffy, College of Visual & Performing Arts, Department of Theatre and Dance
- Raymond Flores, College of Education, Mathematics Education
- Jo Grant, College of Media & Communication, Public Relations
- Laura Heinz, Texas Tech University Libraries
- Julie Isom, Texas Tech University/Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Levi Johnson, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Center for Outreach,
Research, and Engagement (STEM-CORE)
- Tanja Karp, College of Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Lori Lightfoot, Honors College
- Micah Logan, Teaching, Learning, and Professional Development Center
- Elizabeth McDaniel, Study Abroad
- Courtney Meyers, College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources, Agricultural
Education and Communication
- Dimitri Pappas, College of Arts & Sciences, Chemistry
- Samuel Prien, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and TTU Honors College
- Alan Reifman, College of Human Sciences, Human Development and Family Studies
- Shannon Samson, Graduate School
- Ben Shacklette, College of Architecture
- Anna Young, National Wind Institute
Ex Officio Members
- Erin Justyna, Assistant Director CALUE
- Jerylme Robins, Unit Coordinator CALUE