Undergraduate Scholar Project Funding
ATTENTION: We are NO LONGER accepting applications for 2014-2015 CALUE Undergraduate Scholar Project Funding.
Thank you for your interest in Undergraduate Scholar Project funding provided by the TTU Center for Active Learning and Undergraduate Engagement (CALUE). The Center for Active Learning and Undergraduate Engagement (CALUE) at Texas Tech University has acquired Undergraduate Scholar Project funding to assist with the cost associated with an undergraduate working on a faulty project or undertaking their own project under the guidance of a faculty mentor. While funding is limited, it will be available for the 2014-2015 academic year until depleted.
To be eligible to receive funding, an undergraduate student must be participating in scholary work that is meaningful to a faculty member's project or conducting their own original project under the mentorship of a faculty member. Funding will be allocated according to Texas Tech University and State of Texas regulations and is limited. Funding requests may be submitted from $50, up to a maximum of $1080. Project funding must be used to either pay students working on a faculty project OR to purchase project supplies for the student's personal project, not both. Requests may be submitted starting immediately and will be reviewed on a rolling basis until funding is depleted or the end of the 2015 fiscal year is reached (September 1, 2015).
Submission of the project funding request form does not guarantee funding. Students will receive notification after the project funding request is received and reviewed. Final approval of all committed funds will be left to the discretion of CALUE. Students, and possibly their mentor, may be required to meet with a CALUE staff member to discuss the project prior to a final award decision. Once funding is depleted, no further project funding will be considered or awarded for the fiscal year.
Prior to completing the form below, review the full list of guidelines, restrictions, and limitiations. Incomplete project funding applications or applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
The form can be found here:
Undergraduate Scholar Project Funding form (we are no longer accepting applications)
Return Undergraduate Scholar Project funding applications via:
Hand Deliver: Administration Building, Room 233
Center for Active Learning and Undergraduate Engagement
PO Box 41010
Lubbock, TX 79409
Guidelines and Specifications
- While funding is limited, it will be available for the 2014-2015 academic year until depleted.
- Requests may be for student pay and/or project supplies.
- Funding is capped at $1080.00 to pay for students to work (up to 10 hours per week for up to 12 weeks at $9.00 per hour).
- Funding is capped at $1000 for the purchase of project supplies related specifically to the portion of the project on which the undergraduate will be working.
- Funding will be awarded as a funds transfer to the departmental FOP tied to the project of the Faculty Mentor for distribution to the undergraduate.
- Undergraduate students and their Faculty Mentor should complete this form jointly.
- Please accompany this form with a written proposal outlining the information represented on the form.
- Please include a letter of support from the Faculty Mentor on the project.
Funding Uses and Limitations
- Funding may be used to pay an undergraduate student to perform work that is meaningful to a TTU faculty or graduate student project.
- Funding may be used to pay an Undergraduate to work on a project that is separate, but closely related to a TTU faculty or graduate students project.
- Funding may be used to purchase supplies for an undergraduate student project.