As a connected food system, Seaboard Foods cares for and raises pigs to produce safe, quality pork to feed people. The company has operations in six states and employs more than 5,000 people working on its farms and processing plant who oversee every step of production from raising and caring for the pigs to processing pork. The company is a top U.S. pork producer and processor and a leading exporter of U.S. pork to more than 30 countries. In addition, Seaboard Foods' subsidiary, High Plains Bioenergy, has biodiesel, biogas and compressed natural gas operations. Because its pork products are served on tables throughout the world, Seaboard Foods fosters a culture of asking why and is committed to constantly doing better in the way it raises and care for pigs for food every step of the way from before the farm to beyond the fork.
Top 5 reasons:
- The people. We are a large company with a small, family-oriented culture. Coming to work every day is fun.
- Opportunity to make an impact. We feed people, and there are few jobs more important than that.
- Career growth opportunities. We are a growing company, which means endless opportunities for our employees.
- Community giving. Seaboard Foods sponsors various community events which its employees can volunteer and be a part of.
- We are a stable, Fortune 500 company.