Get in the Game
Texas Tech University classes will challenge you and hold you to a high standard of academics. Professors will push you to explore new ideas and to create new knowledge.
Texas Tech University prides itself on being a major comprehensive research university that retains the sense of a smaller liberal arts institution. Although enrollment is over 28,000, Texas Tech students boast of one-on-one interaction with top faculty and an environment that stresses student accomplishment above all else. We're large enough to provide the best in facilities and academics, but small enough to focus on YOU.
Improve Your Game | 20 Things Every Red Raider Should Do
Get the most our of your Red Raider experience:
- Go To Class
- Read The Daily Toreador
- Participate in Intramural Sports
- Donate to Tech Can Share Drive
- Rent a Bike from Outdoor Pursuits Center and explore campus
- Get to know your professor's by visiting them during office hours
- Support fellow Red Raiders by going to Red Raider sporting events - they are free and fun!
- Take advantage of free tutoring at the P.A.S.S. Center
- Wear red every Friday
- Wait in line outside the United Spirit Arena to support the Texas Tech basketball teams
- Help beautify the campus by participating in Arbor Day
- Join a student organization - there are over 400 for you to choose from
- Attend Convocation – your official welcome to Texas Tech University
- Go climb the Rec Center 53’ Rock Wall
- Learn the words to the Fight Song and Matador Song
- Read the Summer Reading Program book and discuss its themes with classmates
- Enroll in IS-1100
- Celebrate the holiday season at Carol of Lights – one of Tech’s greatest traditions
- Cheer as the Masked Rider sprints down the field before a Texas Tech football game
- Get Your Guns Up!
Plan for Success
Curious about what your semester and cumulative GPA will look like. Fill out this chart to calculate your GPA.
At Texas Tech, you can study over 150 majors from 10 different colleges.
Follow the FYRE game plan and winning will be a sure thing!
A First Year Red Raider:
- Is successful academically
- Is involved in developmental activities
- Has a sense of self and of others
- Takes accountability for his or her actions
- Has selected a major
- Has pride in the campus community and understands his or her role within that community
- Completes their first year and remains at the university for a second year
Academic Support Services
Learning Communities and Freshmen Interest Groups
Physical and Mental Health
Texas Tech is committed to offering students opportunities to maintain healthy bodies and minds.
Take advantage of:
to stay healthy throughout your career at Texas Tech University.
First-Generation College Students
Your parents didn't graduate from a four-year college, and that means that you're the first in your family to really learn about college through the experience of being here.
PEGASUS helps you explore with purpose and succeed with panache. Pegasus is the mythological horse that can fly. You are the one in your family who will go beyond what you've dreamed. You are now cleared for takeoff