Majors & Minors Fair
Thursday, October 31, 2013 | McKenzie-Merket Alumni Center | 11 am – 1 pm
Uncertain about what major to choose?
Chosen a major but are unsure?
Confident in your choice of a major and interested in adding a major, minor or certificate?
Come to the Majors & Minors Fair:
- Explore majors & minors
- Discover career opportunities.
- Meet with professors, advisors & students.
- Take the next steps toward graduation.
Your future just got a lot sweeter.
The Majors & Minors Fair provides students with an opportunity to meet with faculty and professional advisors to discuss a variety of possible majors as well as many available career opportunities connected to each major.
Representatives include professors, advisors, current students and student ambassadors who are ready to speak with you. Stop by if you are confused about your current major or minor, looking to explore other opportunities or want to pick up a second major.
This fair offers a great opportunity to find out about required courses, faculty-to-student ratio, minimum GPA, opportunities for non-majors to take classes, career prospects for that major, professional affiliations, student organizations and the process of switching majors.
Helpful Steps in Major Exploration:
- Take the Focus under Career Assessments at University Career Services to identify majors of interest.
- Complete Discovery! with the University Advising Center.
- Explore careers at www.onetcenter.org and explore college offerings.
- Speak with individuals who are knowledgeable about the field in which you are interested.
- Follow your passion after you explore all the options. Ask questions − many of them.