Center for Campus Life
TTU Home Student Affairs Center for Campus Life

Roommate Agreement

Consider a roommate agreement if you are moving into off campus housing with roommates. A roommate agreement clarifies the responsibilities of each person living at the property.

Student Legal Services is happy to help you draft a roommate agreement. Please call 742-3289 to set up an appointment or visit


Information on this webpage is provided for general informational purposes and does NOT constitute legal advice. Students should seek verification and clarification of all statements made on this webpage through the Student Legal Services office. Slight variations in facts and circumstances may make an enormous difference in the legal advice that a particular attorney will render. Students who are confronted with legal problems or who desire specific advice should make an appointment with an attorney at Student Legal Services or seek the assistance of another licensed attorney.

By maintaining this webpage, Texas Tech University Student Legal Services is not forming any attorney-client relationships. All information contained on this webpage pertains to Texas law, and should not be relied upon as law in any other state. We cannot guarantee that the information on this site is up to date and accurate, as the laws affecting Texans are in constant transition.

This page contains links to other resources on the Internet. The links are provided as aids to help our students identify and locate internet resources that may be of interest, and are not intended to imply that we sponsor or are affiliated or otherwise associated with the creators of said sites. Texas Tech University Student Legal Services is not responsible for the content or validity of information found on any websites herein linked. You further acknowledge that nothing in this Web site is intended to nor constitutes the practice of law or giving of legal advice.