Biomaterials and Surface Bioengineering Laboratory
Publications in Refereed Journals
23. M-H. Park, E. Reategui, W. Li, S. N. Tessier, K. H. K. Wong, A. Jensen, V. Thapar, D. Ting, M. Toner, S. L. Stott, P. T. Hammond. Enhanced Isolation and Release of Circulating Tumor Cells Using Nanoparticle Binding and Ligand Exchange in a Microfluidic Chip. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2017, ASAP. 10.1021/jacs.6b12236.
22. D. K. Singh, C. C. Ahrens, W. Li, S. A. Vanapalli. Label-free fingerprinting of tumor cells in bulk flow using inline digital holographic microscopy. Biomedical Optics Express, 2017, 8, 536-554.
21. Z. Dong, L. Tang, C. C. Ahrens, V. Cao, Z. Ding, S. A. Castleberry, J. T. Yan,* and W. Li,*, A benchtop capillary flow layer-by-layer (CF-LbL) platform for rapid assembly and screening of biodegradable nanolayered films. Lab on a Chip, 2016, 23, 4601-4611.
20. N. Zhang, Z. Dong, D. Ji, H. Song, X. Zeng, Z. Liu, S. Jiang, Y. Xu, A. A. Bernussi, W. Li,*, and Q. Gan,* Reversibly tunable coupled and decoupled super absorbing structures. Applied Physics Letters, 2016, 108, 091105.
19. S. A. Castleberry, B. D. Almquist, W. Li, T. Reis, J. Chow, S. Mayner, and P. T. Hammond. Self-Assembled Wound Dressings Silence MMP-9 and Improve Diabetic Wound Healing In Vivo. Advanced Materials, 2016, 28, 1809-1817.
18. W. Li, E. Reategui, M-H. Park, S. A. Castleberry, J. Z. Deng, B. Hsu, S. Mayner, A. Jensen, L. V. Sequist, S. Maheswaran, D. A. Haber, M. Toner, S. L. Stott. P. T. Hammond. Biodegradable Nano-Films for Capture and Non-invasive Release of Circulating Tumor Cells. Biomaterials, 2015, 65, 93-102.
17. Z. Wang, D. Voicu, L. Tang, W. Li,* E. Kumacheva.* Microfluidic Studies of Polymer Absorption in Flow. Lab on a Chip, 2015, 15, 2110-2116.
16. E. Reátegui, N. Aceto, E. J. Lim, J. P. Sullivan, A. E. Jensen, M. Zeinali, J. M. Martel, A. J. Aranyosi, W. Li, S. Castleberry, A. Bardia, L. V. Sequist, D. A. Haber, S. Maheswaran, P. T. Hammond, M. Toner and S. L. Stott. Tunable Nanostructured Coating for the Capture and Selective Release of Viable Circulating Tumor Cells. Advanced Materials, 2015, 27, 1593-1599.
15. S. A. Castleberry,* W. Li,* D. Deng, S. Mayner, P. T. Hammond. Capillary Flow Layer-by-Layer: A Microfluidic Platform for the High Throughput Assembly and Screening of Nanolayered Film Libraries. ACS Nano, 2014, 8, 6580-6589. (Co-first author)
14. W. Li, S. Lee, M. Ma, S.M. Kim, P. Guye, J.R. Pancoast, D. G. Anderson, R. Weiss, R. T. Lee, P. T. Hammond. Microbead-based Biomimetic Synthetic Neighbors Enhance Survival and Function of Rat Pancreatic β-cells. Scientific Reports, 2013, 3, 2863.
13. W. Li, K. Liu, R. Simms, J. Greener, S. Pinto, A. Guenther, E. Kumacheva. A Microfluidic Study of fast gas-liquid reactions. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134, 3127-3132.
12. D. Voicu, C. Scholl, W. Li, D. Jagadeesan, I. Nazimova, J. Greener, E. Kumacheva. Kinetics of Multicomponent Polymerization Reaction Studied in a Microfluidic Format. Macromolecules, 2012, 45, 4469–4475.
11. K. Liu, Z. Nie, N. Zhao, W. Li, M. Rubinstein, E. Kumacheva. Step-Growth Polymerization of Inorganic Nanoparticles. Science, 2010, 329, 197-200.
10. J. Greener,* W. Li,* J. Ren, V. Pakharenko, D. Voicu, T. Tang, E. Kumacheva. Rapid, Cost-efficient Fabrication of Microfluidic Reactors in Thermoplastic Polymers by Combining Photo-lithography and Hot Embossing. Lab Chip, 2010, 10, 522-524. (Co-first author)
9. W. Li, , J. Greener, D. Voicu, E. Kumacheva. Multiple Modular Microfluidic (M3) Reactors for the Synthesis of Polymer Particles. Lab Chip, 2009, 9, 2715-2722. (Front cover)
8. W. Li, H.H. Pham, Z. Nie, B. MacDonald, A. Güenther, E. Kumacheva, Multi-Step Microfluidic Polymerization Reactions Conducted in Droplets. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2008,130, 9935-9941.
7. W. Li, E. Young, P. Garstecki, C. A. Simmons, E. Kumacheva. Simultaneous Microfluidic Generation of Droplets with Different Dimensions. Soft Matter, 2008, 4, 258-262.
6. Z. Nie, J. L. Park, W. Li, S. Bon, E. Kumacheva. An "Inside-Out" Microfluidic Approach to Monodisperse Emulsions Stabilized by Solid Particles. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2008,130, 16508–16509.
5. W. Li, Z. Nie, H. Zhang, C. Paquet, M. Seo, P. Garstechi, E. Kumacheva. Screening of the Effect of Surface Energy of Microchannels on Microfluidic Emulsification. Langmuir, 2007, 23, 8010-8014.
4. Z. Nie, W. Li, M. Seo, SQ Xu, E Kumacheva, Janus and Ternary Particles Generated by Microfluidic Synthesis: Design, Synthesis and Self-Assembly. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2006, 9408-9412.
3. Y. Liu, J. Ling, W. Li, et al. Effective Synthesis of Carbon-coated Co and Ni Nanocrystallites with Improved Magnetic Properties by AC Arc Discharge under an N2 Atmosphere. Nanotechnology, 2004, 15, 43-47.
2. RX. Zhuo, W. Li , Preparation and Characterization of Macroporous PNIPAAm Hydrogels for Controlled Release of Proteins. J. Polym. Sci., A: Polym. Chem. Ed., 2003, 41, 152-159.
1. GP. Yan, RX. Zhuo, CY. Zheng, W. Cao, W. Li, L. Li, ML. Liu, YX. Zhang. Synthesis and Preliminary Evaluation of Gadolinium Complexes Containing Sulfonamide Groups as Potential MRI Contrast Agents. Radiography, 2003, 9, 35-41.
4. W. Li S. Castleberry, P. Hammond. Biodegradable LbL films for cell capture and release. (MIT Technology disclosure No. 15894, provisional 61/883,157, filed on Sept. 2013)
3. W. Li S. Castleberry, P. Hammond. Capillary flow layer-by-layer assembly of polyelectrolytes. (MIT Technology disclosure No. 15867, provisional 61/719,068, filed in Oct. 2012)
2. W. Li S. Castleberry, P. Hammond. Automated Capillary flow layer-by-layer systems (MIT Technology disclosure No. 15541, provisional 61/719,093, filed in Oct. 2012)
1. W. Li, J. Greener, E. Kumacheva. Photo-resist stamp for hot embossing. (Invention Disclosure No. 10001883, US patent filed on Feb. 3rd, 2010)