Biomaterials and Surface Bioengineering Laboratory
Publications in Refereed Journals
- E. Reategui, M-H. Park, S. Castleberry, J. Z. Deng,
B. Hsu, S. Mayner, A. Jensen, S. L. Stott, M. Toner, P. T. Hammond. Enzymatically Degradable Nano-Films for
Capture and Non-invasive Release of Circulating Tumor Cells. (to be submitted).
- S. Castleberry,* W. Li,* D. Deng, S. Mayner, P. T.
Hammond. Capillary Flow Layer-by-Layer: A Microfluidic Platform for the High Throughput Assembly and Screening
of Nanolayered Film Libraries. ACS Nano, 2014, in press. (Co-first
- W. Li, S. Lee, M. Ma, S. M. Kim, P. Guye, J. R. Pancoast, D.
G. Anderson, R. Weiss, R. T. Lee, P. T. Hammond. Microbead-based Biomimetic Synthetic Neighbors Enhance
Survival and Function of Rat Pancreatic β-cells. Scientific Reports,
2013, 3, 2863.
- W. Li, K. Liu, R. Simms, J. Greener, S. Pinto, A.
Guenther, E. Kumacheva. A Microfluidic Study of fast gas-liquid reactions. J. Am. Chem.
Soc., 2012, 134, 3127-3132.
- D. Voicu, C. Scholl, W. Li, D. Jagadeesan, I. Nazimova,
J. Greener, E. Kumacheva. Kinetics of Multicomponent Polymerization Reaction Studied in a Microfluidic Format.
Macromolecules, 2012, 45, 4469–4475.
- K. Liu, Z. Nie, N. Zhao, W. Li, M. Rubinstein, E.
Kumacheva. Step-Growth Polymerization of Inorganic Nanoparticles. Science,
2010, 329, 197-200.
- J. Greener,* W. Li,* J. Ren, V. Pakharenko, D.
Voicu, T. Tang, E. Kumacheva. Rapid, Cost-efficient Fabrication of Microfluidic Reactors in Thermoplastic
Polymers by Combining Photo-lithography and Hot Embossing. Lab Chip, 2010,
10, 522-524. (Co-first author)
- W. Li, , J. Greener, D. Voicu, E. Kumacheva. Multiple
Modular Microfluidic (M3) Reactors for the Synthesis of Polymer Particles.
Lab Chip, 2009, 9, 2715-2722. (Front cover)
- W. Li, H. H. Pham, Z. Nie, B. MacDonald, A. Güenther, E.
Kumacheva, Multi-Step Microfluidic Polymerization Reactions Conducted in Droplets. J.
Am. Chem. Soc., 2008,130, 9935-9941.
- W. Li, E. Young, P. Garstecki, C. A. Simmons, E. Kumacheva. Simultaneous Microfluidic
Generation of Droplets with Different Dimensions.
Soft Matter, 2008, 4, 258-262.
- Z. Nie, J. L. Park, W. Li, S. Bon, E. Kumacheva. An
"Inside-Out" Microfluidic Approach to Monodisperse Emulsions Stabilized by Solid Particles.
J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2008,130, 16508–16509.
- W. Li, Z. Nie, H. Zhang, C. Paquet, M. Seo, P. Garstechi,
E. Kumacheva. Screening of the Effect of Surface Energy of Microchannels on Microfluidic Emulsification.
Langmuir, 2007, 23, 8010-8014.
- Z. Nie, W. Li, M. Seo, SQ Xu, E Kumacheva, Janus and Ternary Particles Generated by
Microfluidic Synthesis: Design, Synthesis and Self-Assembly. J. Am. Chem. Soc.,
- Y. Liu, J. Ling, W. Li, et al. Effective Synthesis of Carbon-coated Co and Ni
Nanocrystallites with Improved Magnetic Properties by AC Arc Discharge under an N2 Atmosphere.
Nanotechnology, 2004, 15, 43-47.
- R. X. Zhuo, W. Li , Preparation and Characterization of
Macroporous PNIPAAm Hydrogels for Controlled Release of Proteins. J. Polym. Sci., A:
Polym. Chem. Ed., 2003, 41, 152-159.
- G. P. Yan, R. X. Zhuo, C. Y. Zheng, W. Cao, W. Li, L. Li, M. L. Liu, Y. X. Zhang. Synthesis
and Preliminary Evaluation of Gadolinium Complexes Containing Sulfonamide Groups as Potential MRI Contrast
Agents. Radiography, 2003, 9, 35-41.
- W. Li, S. Castleberry, P. Hammond. Biodegradable LbL films
for cell capture and release. (MIT Technology disclosure No. 15894, provisional 61/883,157, filed on Sept.
- W. Li, S. Castleberry, P. Hammond. Capillary flow
layer-by-layer assembly of polyelectrolytes. (MIT Technology disclosure No. 15867, provisional 61/719,068,
filed in Oct. 2012)
- W. Li, S. Castleberry, P. Hammond. Automated Capillary
flow layer-by-layer systems (MIT Technology disclosure No. 15541, provisional 61/719,093, filed in Oct. 2012)
- W. Li, J. Greener, E. Kumacheva. Photo-resist stamp for
hot embossing. (Invention Disclosure No. 10001883, US patent filed on Feb. 3rd, 2010)