Biomaterials and Surface Bioengineering Laboratory
Publications in Refereed Journals
16. W. Li, E. Reategui, M-H. Park, S. Castleberry, J. Z. Deng, B. Hsu, S. Mayner, A. Jensen, M. Toner, S. L. Stott. P. T. Hammond. Biodegradable Nano-Films for Capture and Non-invasive Release of Circulating Tumor Cells. (Submitted).
15. S. Castleberry,* W. Li,* D. Deng, S. Mayner, P. T. Hammond. Capillary Flow Layer-by-Layer: A Microfluidic Platform for the High Throughput Assembly and Screening of Nanolayered Film Libraries. ACS Nano, 2014, 8, 6580-6589. (Co-first author)
14. W. Li, S. Lee, M. Ma, S.M. Kim, P. Guye, J.R. Pancoast, D. G. Anderson, R. Weiss, R. T. Lee, P. T. Hammond. Microbead-based Biomimetic Synthetic Neighbors Enhance Survival and Function of Rat Pancreatic β-cells. Scientific Reports, 2013, 3, 2863.
13. W. Li, K. Liu, R. Simms, J. Greener, S. Pinto, A. Guenther, E. Kumacheva. A Microfluidic Study of fast gas-liquid reactions. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134, 3127-3132.
12. D. Voicu, C. Scholl, W. Li, D. Jagadeesan, I. Nazimova, J. Greener, E. Kumacheva. Kinetics of Multicomponent Polymerization Reaction Studied in a Microfluidic Format. Macromolecules, 2012, 45, 4469–4475.
11. K. Liu, Z. Nie, N. Zhao, W. Li, M. Rubinstein, E. Kumacheva. Step-Growth Polymerization of Inorganic Nanoparticles. Science, 2010, 329, 197-200.
10. J. Greener,* W. Li,* J. Ren, V. Pakharenko, D. Voicu, T. Tang, E. Kumacheva. Rapid, Cost-efficient Fabrication of Microfluidic Reactors in Thermoplastic Polymers by Combining Photo-lithography and Hot Embossing. Lab Chip, 2010, 10, 522-524. (Co-first author)
9. W. Li, , J. Greener, D. Voicu, E. Kumacheva. Multiple Modular Microfluidic (M3) Reactors for the Synthesis of Polymer Particles. Lab Chip, 2009, 9, 2715-2722. (Front cover)
8. W. Li, H.H. Pham, Z. Nie, B. MacDonald, A. Güenther, E. Kumacheva, Multi-Step Microfluidic Polymerization Reactions Conducted in Droplets. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2008,130, 9935-9941.
7. W. Li, E. Young, P. Garstecki, C. A. Simmons, E. Kumacheva. Simultaneous Microfluidic Generation of Droplets with Different Dimensions. Soft Matter, 2008, 4, 258-262.
6. Z. Nie, J. L. Park, W. Li, S. Bon, E. Kumacheva. An "Inside-Out" Microfluidic Approach to Monodisperse Emulsions Stabilized by Solid Particles. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2008,130, 16508–16509.
5. W. Li, Z. Nie, H. Zhang, C. Paquet, M. Seo, P. Garstechi, E. Kumacheva. Screening of the Effect of Surface Energy of Microchannels on Microfluidic Emulsification. Langmuir, 2007, 23, 8010-8014.
4. Z. Nie, W. Li, M. Seo, SQ Xu, E Kumacheva, Janus and Ternary Particles Generated by Microfluidic Synthesis: Design, Synthesis and Self-Assembly. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2006, 9408-9412.
3. Y. Liu, J. Ling, W. Li, et al. Effective Synthesis of Carbon-coated Co and Ni Nanocrystallites with Improved Magnetic Properties by AC Arc Discharge under an N2 Atmosphere. Nanotechnology, 2004, 15, 43-47.
2. RX. Zhuo, W. Li , Preparation and Characterization of Macroporous PNIPAAm Hydrogels for Controlled Release of Proteins. J. Polym. Sci., A: Polym. Chem. Ed., 2003, 41, 152-159.
1. GP. Yan, RX. Zhuo, CY. Zheng, W. Cao, W. Li, L. Li, ML. Liu, YX. Zhang. Synthesis and Preliminary Evaluation of Gadolinium Complexes Containing Sulfonamide Groups as Potential MRI Contrast Agents. Radiography, 2003, 9, 35-41.
4. W. Li S. Castleberry, P. Hammond. Biodegradable LbL films for cell capture and release. (MIT Technology disclosure No. 15894, provisional 61/883,157, filed on Sept. 2013)
3. W. Li S. Castleberry, P. Hammond. Capillary flow layer-by-layer assembly of polyelectrolytes. (MIT Technology disclosure No. 15867, provisional 61/719,068, filed in Oct. 2012)
2. W. Li S. Castleberry, P. Hammond. Automated Capillary flow layer-by-layer systems (MIT Technology disclosure No. 15541, provisional 61/719,093, filed in Oct. 2012)
1. W. Li, J. Greener, E. Kumacheva. Photo-resist stamp for hot embossing. (Invention Disclosure No. 10001883, US patent filed on Feb. 3rd, 2010)