|Current Post-Doctoral Researcher
||Yung P. Koh
|Current Graduate Students
Fatema Begum, Ph.D. 2012,
"The Effects of Nanoconfinement on the Kinetics and Thermodynamics of Free Radical
Polymerization Reactions," currently at Marietta College (part-time).
- Maitri Vaddey, M.S., 2011, "Nanoconfined Ring-Opening Metathesis Polymerization of Dicyclopentadiene," currently a
student in Engineering Management at SMU.
- Jiaxi Guo, Ph.D., 2011, "Architecture Effects on the Bulk and Shear Rheology and PVT Behavior of Polymers,"
currently a post-doctoral researchers at the University of Oklahoma.
- Yung P. Koh, Ph.D. 2010, "The Glass Transition at the
Nanoscale," currently a post-doctoral researchers at TTU.
- Wei Zheng, Ph.D., 2008, "The Glass Transition of Confined and Heterogeneous Systems," currently faculty at University of Wisconsin - Stout.
- Qingxiu Li, Postdoctoral Researcher, 2004 - 2008, "Property Evolution and Size Effects in Thermosetting Materials,"
currently at Smith Industries.
- Yan Meng, Ph.D., 2007, "The Bulk Modulus of Polystyrene and Cure of Thermosetting Resins," currently faculty at
Beijing University of Chemical Technology.
- Prashanth Badrinarayanan, Ph.D., 2007, "Glass Transition Kinetics in Amorphous Polymers," currently at DuPont.
- Juan Sun, Ph.D., 2004, "Thermodynamics and Kinetics at the Nanoscale: Thermal Behavior of
Aluminum Nanoparticles and Development of Nanoporous Low-k Dielectrics," currently at ChemBio Diagnostic Systems.
- Srinivas Kolla, M.S., 2003, "Volume Recovery of an Epoxy Material: Resolution of the teff Paradox."
- Prathamesh Doshi, M.S., 2002, "Modeling Nanoporosity Development in Thin Film Polymers for Low-k (Dielectric)
- Mikhail Merzliakov, Postdoctoral Researcher, 2001 - 2004, "Residual Stresses in Thermosetting Resins" (joint with
Prof. G. B. McKenna); currently at John-Hopkins University.
- Paul Bernazzani, Postdoctoral Researcher, 2000 - 2003, "Tg and Structural Recovery of Glass-Formers,"
currently at Lamar University.
- Dinghai Huang, Postdoctoral Researcher, 2001 - 2003, "Heat Capacity Measurements" (joint with Prof. G. B.
McKenna), currently at Tianjin University.
- Mataz Alcoutlabi, Postdoctoral Researcher, 2000 - 2001, "Residual Stresses in Composites" (joint with Prof. G. B.
McKenna). currently at
Univ. of Texas Pan-Am.
- Patricia Prasatya, M.S., 2000, University of Pittsburgh, "Calculation of Residual Stress Development during Cure of Thermosets
using a Viscoelastic Model."
- Alia Rdissi, M.S., 2000, University of Pittsburgh, "Polymer Thermal Degradation: Enhancing PMMA Thermal Stability
and Modeling Weight Loss Experiments."
- J. William Sobieski, Ph.D., 1999, University of Pittsburgh, "Structural Recovery of Polymeric Glass-Formers: Dilatometric Studies
and Model Calculations."
- Kevin Bernatz, Ph.D., 1999, University of Pittsburgh, "Viscoelastic Behavior of Glasses: Selenium, Boron Trioxide, and
Polystyrene" (co-advised by Donald J. Plazek), currently at the U.S. Patent Office.
- Isabel Echeverria, Postdoctoral Researcher, 1998 - 1999, "Viscoelastic Properties of Inorganic Glass-Formers" (joint
with Prof. D. J. Plazek), currently at DuPont.
- Ramsey Zacharia, Ph.D., 1998, University of Pittsburgh, "Identifying and Minimizing the Effect of Residual Polymerization Catalyst
on Thermal Stability," currently at the U.S. Patent Office.
- Olivier Sindt, Postdoctoral Research,1997 - 1998, "Evolution of Properties during Thermoset Cure," currently at Schlumberger.
- Zavier Guillas, M.S., 1998, University of Pittsburgh, "Effects of Cold-Drawing on the Length and
Enthalpy Recovery of Polycarbonate."
- Eric T. McGregor, M.S., 1996, University of Pittsburgh, "Volume Relaxation of Glassy Polyetherimide."
- Ping-Chung Su, M.S., 1994, University of Pittsburgh, "Physical Aging of Polyetherimide."