The Institute for the Development and Enrichment of Advanced Learners (IDEAL) provides distinctive and unique academic enrichment programs that promote academic excellence, citizenship/leadership, diversity, and an appreciation of the arts for children in grades K-12.
CISER and IDEAL have a proud history as co-founders of the academic summer camp "Science: It's a Girl Thing (SIGT)" and as partners working together in numerous events for pre-college students. CISER provides teacher partners and our Science Education Scholars to develop curriculum and teach in the outreach programs such as "SIGT," "Shake Hands with Your Future" and "Super Saturdays." IDEAL models the National Science Teachers Association philosophy that all children should be taught as gifted learners. For more information on teaching camps or for registering K-12 students in IDEAL programs, go to IDEAL.
- GLOBE Program
- Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Community Engagement
- National Science Teachers Association Student Chapter
- Region 17 Education Service Center
- Science Teachers Association of Texas (STAT)
- T-STEM Center
- Texas High School Project (THSP)
- Texas Tech University College of Education